App for quick and simple file transfer between Note5 and Windows PC

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I currently use AirMore and I have used AirDroid before AirMore for batch transfers of photos from the Note5 to my Windows 7 PC over Wi-Fi. That works fine other than occasionally the transfer of Wi-Fi sometimes hits a hiccup and freezes my PC forcing a reboot (in which case I lose all unsaved work). However, there are times when I want to quickly transfer one image maybe a screenshot and there's too many steps to use AirMore. For that one image I sometimes e-mail it to myself via Gmail then download it on the PC.

I've looked and played with some apps all of which I have deleted. Does anyone know if there's an app that lets you SHARE that pic to an app that supports Samsung's Simple Sharing protocol and within seconds it's transferred to the PC?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Why not just copy the files to the Google Drive folder on your Note 5 and then access them at https:\\drive.google.com on your PC?

If (unlikely) Google Drive is not installed on your Note 5, just download it at the Play Store.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
My PC isn't usually on. I transfer to my external hard drive using ES file explorer.
If I need it on my PC then I can retrieve files from there.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung SideSync is an option. Connecting the Note 5 to the PC via a USB cable and then copying the photos from Note 5 to PC is another option.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
You could plug a data transfer cable from your phone to the external hard drive. The hard drive would act like an OTG

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for all your responses. In my quest for speed (instant) and simplicity of file transfers over Wi-Fi (not considering USB cable) I tested Dropbox, Google Drive and also Microsoft OneDrive — they all suffered from some degree of lag even with a very small photo of just 1.5MB. I would even up waiting anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes before any syncing actually happened. That's not acceptable (with a few extra mouse clicks AirDroid, AirMore would have accomplished the transfer many moons ago -- unzipping them, however, and then dragging them to a designated folder and deleting the zip folders left behind by AirMore and AirDroid just require so many additional steps.

Then I came across this article Sync Speed Test: Over 16 Times Faster Than The Cloud | The Official BitTorrent Blog . I installed and played with SYNC a bit and wow ... it's really fast! I might have just found what I've been looking for.

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has a Wifi transfer app in the Galaxy App Store, you could give it a go and see if it meets your needs

Posted

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Samsung has a Wifi transfer app in the Galaxy App Store, you could give it a go and see if it meets your needs

Posted

Hi. I found that app by Dimitrios Tzimos, WiFi File Transfer & File Sharing. From the description, the apps is intended for use between smartphones connected to the same Wi-Fi network only.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Samsung SideSync is an option. Connecting the Note 5 to the PC via a USB cable and then copying the photos from Note 5 to PC is another option.

SideSync works great for me, both for transferring files back and forth but also for using my Note 5 completely by computer.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
SideSync works great for me, both for transferring files back and forth but also for using my Note 5 completely by computer.

The last time I tried SideSync I came across an annoying bug. Few months down the road, I gave it another shot and again had to deal with the bug. That was last year and I don't know if there's a new release that fixes it (sorry, can't remember what the issue was exactly).

Besides, too many steps involved using SideSync just to transfer one or two images from the phone to PC. I do this a lot on a weekly basis and trust me when I say every step (clicks, swipe) adds up to a huge inconvenience over time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech