Sence the marshmellow update fast charging is gone. When i plug in my phone takes forever to charge. If i go to settings and battery and then details it sais im charging via usb not charging via ac. Called samsung and they just ran me through the basic restarting like 4 different ways which i already did. Ultimately they said id have to send my phone in for repair. Personally I think it is a problem with the newest update. Anyone else having this problem? Charge times from 50% can be anywhere from 2hr 30min to 16hrs. It shouldnt take this long to charge
    04-10-2016 09:58 AM
    I had this issue a while back, but it wasn't update related. It was actually a cable issue. Try swapping the cable for a new one and see if that fixes it it did for me, and a bunch of other people here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-10-2016 03:32 PM
    OK, I've followed this discussion getting more and more confused. I have a Note 5, with AT&T, running 5.1.1 and I've NEVER seen anything about fast charge. I use Samsung chargers, third party chargers, OEM cables, off the rack cables, short cables, LONG cables, and I've never seen anything about fast charging. Everything I use brings my phone from 15% to 100% in about an hour and a half. Every time! Even my car charger does it. I've even used a li-ion battery pack and gotten that fast a charge. There only time it's taken longer was plugging it into one of my computers.
    Is fast charge a carrier feature? Not that I'd want it any faster, but I haven't read anything that says carrier specific.

04-10-2016 04:22 PM
    Go to settings, battery and make sure fast charginging is enabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Charging confusion-1460338005973.jpg  
    04-10-2016 08:26 PM
    Hence the confusion. My phone has no reference to "fast charging." So is this a carrier feature? Like I said, mine always takes an hour and a half to fully charge. Regardless whether I use Samsung chargers, generic chargers, cables...

Attached Thumbnails Charging confusion-3617.jpg  
    04-10-2016 08:38 PM
    It might be a carrier feature i have an AT&T note 5 and don't have that option either but when I charge my phone in it says fast charging and when I pull the bar down it says fast charging 1 hour and 56 minutes till charge done.
    04-11-2016 06:08 AM
    Gatorbrink what phone charger r u using? What carrier? I had the same problem before on AT&T and then had a software update that fixed the charging issue.
    04-11-2016 06:12 AM
    I had this issue a while back, but it wasn't update related. It was actually a cable issue. Try swapping the cable for a new one and see if that fixes it it did for me, and a bunch of other people here.

Ive tried 3 different fast chargers mine and 1 that is practly brand new and one my buddy just bought last week. My charge cord will allow theirs to charge via a.c. but none will allow mine to. Im sprint btw. And yes fast charging is enabled.
    04-11-2016 08:55 AM
    Ive tried 3 different fast chargers mine and 1 that is practly brand new and one my buddy just bought last week. My charge cord will allow theirs to charge via a.c. but none will allow mine to. Im sprint btw. And yes fast charging is enabled.
    Same issue. Just started today.

Contacted samsung and they just told me to go to BB to have the software reflashed.

Fastcharging was working fine. Until just a few minutes ago.

Sprint on marshmallow.

I think its the cable or the adpater and im wasting my time. But we will see. I highly doubt they'll give me a new cable and adapter. probably force me to send in which means weeks with out my phone which i will not do.
    04-11-2016 12:03 PM
    Same issue. Just started today.

Contacted samsung and they just told me to go to BB to have the software reflashed.

Fastcharging was working fine. Until just a few minutes ago.

Sprint on marshmallow.

I think its the cable or the adpater and im wasting my time. But we will see. I highly doubt they'll give me a new cable and adapter. probably force me to send in which means weeks with out my phone which i will not do.
    Same here. Im about to go to the sprint store and see what they say.
    04-13-2016 01:53 PM
    Apparently something has happened to my charge port a wireless fast charger works good so there UPSing a new phone to me
    04-13-2016 04:11 PM
    For reference, Settings\Battery"Fast cable charging" is an option on the Verizon Note 5 with Marshmallow.
    04-14-2016 06:09 AM
    Same here. Im about to go to the sprint store and see what they say.
    Mine began fast charging last night. I didnt flash anything or update anything.
    04-14-2016 10:40 AM
    Hence the confusion. My phone has no reference to "fast charging." So is this a carrier feature? Like I said, mine always takes an hour and a half to fully charge. Regardless whether I use Samsung chargers, generic chargers, cables...

My got a uscellular note 5 a couple weeks ago and the fast charge option isnt in the same place as my verizon, cant remember where it was but it was already on.

Its amazing how different two phones from different carriers can be.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    04-14-2016 02:54 PM