I really love S Note on the N5. I use it heavily and I just began to use the PC version of the app to extend my S Note work to my laptop. But, I find the syncing to be totally confusing, unpredictable, maybe mystical. :-)

So, here's a use case:
    - I create an S Note on my N5. Save it.
    - I open S Note on my PC and the note is there, in all it's glory. Amazing!
    - On my PC, I make a change to the Note created on my N5. I save it and hit Sync.
    - I look on my N5 (a few minutes later), and the changes made on my PC are not there.
    - I try to force the sync by going into my Samsung account and kicking-off an S Note sync.
    - Still no change on my N5.
    - I make additional changes on the note on my N5 and save it.
    - On my PC I sync, no change is evident on the note.
    - I ultimately get frustrated, I delete the note on the PC hit sync and one of two things happen:
    -- The updated note from my N5 is apparently re-downloaded to my PC and all is well
    -- The updated note from my N5 is deleted on my N5, and there's nothing on my PC

The last two actions are completely understandable individually. But, why would both outcomes be possible given the same input?
    Overall, syncing seems to be screwy.
    I use cross-platform apps all the time, for years, and syncing is at least predictable.
    Not so much on S Note.

Any ideas?
    04-11-2016 08:11 AM
    No S-Note geniuses here?
    04-12-2016 07:41 AM
    I have not tried the PC version. Sounds like there is a delay in pushing out the synced changes between the Note 5 and PC. Trying the same tests with Evernote as the sync and storage platform might be a way to see if there is a problem on the Samsung side, but think that would require a premium Evernote version.
    04-13-2016 06:08 AM
    Not an Evernote user - but that is a good troubleshooting strategy.

I've waited over 24 hours for a background sync. I've also triggered a sync from both devices. Still, no dice.

I find S Note on the N5 to be the best, most efficient and flexible way to capture things like design ideas and sketches. It's particularly frustrating that I can't get it to sync reliably cross-platform.
    04-13-2016 10:56 AM
    If you haven't already you may also wish to check and make sure your PC OS and/or Security program is not blocking the connection between the PC and your N5. You may also try a cable connection to sync if you haven't already again to see if the WiFi connection is the issue.
    04-13-2016 11:46 AM
    Thanks beh.
    I'll check that later when I get home.
    04-13-2016 01:51 PM

After walking away from the possibility of this sync working, it ending up doing a full sync on it's own. Don't know when, or how. I spent time across a couple of days triggering a sync on both platforms with no outcome. Then, days later, it syncs.

Must be something on Samsung's side.

Unless someone has an idea of how to make this a reliable function, I'll call it a failure and uninstall on my PC.

04-18-2016 01:23 PM
    An update for others that love using SNote across platforms.

It has gotten 100% reliable, and fast.

I've done nothing on my side, but it works and it's wonderful. So it's all fixin's that Samsung has been doing in the background.

If you haven't been bitten yet by SNote, pull out that SPen and get busy. It's what makes the N5 untouchable, IMO, in the phone industry.
    05-15-2016 07:49 AM
    Hi Billy,
    I have been trying to get my S Note to sync to my PC for two weeks,trying to get help from Samung Hong Kong is hopeless. I would to know what version of S Note your using on the PC side. Are you syncing to Samsung account?
    When I try to sync my PC to Samsung account, where I have on the phone sync to the Samsung account, nothing seem to come down onto my PC side.
    10-07-2016 02:25 AM