So after updating my Note 5 I no longer receive the notification banner upon receiving messages or other text. I see the icon appear but not the text as I used to with lollipop.

I have checked all notification settings within the app settings, but there is no way to toggle banners on or off.

Anyone else have the issue ?
    04-12-2016 12:54 AM
    So after updating my Note 5 I no longer receive the notification banner upon receiving messages or other text. I see the icon appear but not the text as I used to with lollipop.

I have checked all notification settings within the app settings, but there is no way to toggle banners on or off.

Anyone else have the issue ?
    Okay so I am a tad confused with your description. It sounds like you just need to reenable a couple simple options. You still get the icon just not the message itself.

So goto Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Ringtones and Sounds > Message Notifications > Preview Message ( Make sure it's toggled ON )
    Then
    goto Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Notifications on Lock Screen > Choose SHOW CONTENT

THAT should do it for you
    04-12-2016 01:38 AM
    Those are enabled but still nothing. It just flashes the message icon but no text appears. I've even tried a factory reset with no luck.

Seems like it's broken unless someone running a Bell note 5 updated to MM without this issue?
    04-12-2016 01:45 AM
    Those are enabled but still nothing. It just flashes the message icon but no text appears. I've even tried a factory reset with no luck.

Seems like it's broken unless someone running a Bell note 5 updated to MM without this issue?
    Wow Factory reset and still nothing? That's nuts! That was going to be my next suggestion.
    I have searched around as I am sure you have and found nothing with the same issue.
    Have you contacted Bell. I am Canadian as well so I understand the look you probably just gave when I said that....
    But it may be your best bet. At least report it, the sooner you do if it's a known issue the sooner a fix.
    04-12-2016 03:11 AM