05-24-2016 06:04 AM
40 12
tools
    I switched to the BB keyboard a few weeks ago thinking I'll eventually go back to Google. That hasn't happened. The word prediction and where it's placed on the keyboard screen is brilliant. Great keyboard and I'm sticking with it.
    05-06-2016 02:23 PM
    I switched to the BB keyboard a few weeks ago thinking I'll eventually go back to Google. That hasn't happened. The word prediction and where it's placed on the keyboard screen is brilliant. Great keyboard and I'm sticking with it.
    I only downloaded out of sheer curiosity. Totally replaced Swiftkey, which I've used for quite a while through many versions. In keyboard settings, turn the Baltic feedback ms to like 11, and turn on the key popup so you get that visual feedback too. I'm typing more accurately now, even at speed. The prediction selection works the most seamlessly out of any other keyboard I've used.

Really, great job. When BlackBerry has to sell/fold I hope they stick with the keyboard, messenger, and concentrate more on interconnected CRM style apps (calendar, contacts, email, etc).

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-07-2016 09:17 PM
    hello
    can you tell me how you downloaded the key board
    thanks
    05-08-2016 05:42 AM
    There are a couple of links in this thread.
    05-09-2016 07:08 AM
    yes i see the links do you just bring up this site on your phone and then just hit the hyper link
    05-10-2016 04:48 AM
    Yup. Your phone may warn you the site is an 'unknown source' so it might prompt you to change a setting to allow you to download. Download then execute and your done.
    05-10-2016 06:55 AM
    Swiftkey All The Way.
    05-11-2016 09:28 PM
    I still like the Samsung keyboard.
    05-12-2016 09:28 PM
    If you haven't tried Google's new Version 5 keyboard, check it out.
    It's been rolling out so slowly over the past week that I went and pulled the apk earlier today.
    See here.

Some very cool, and usable, enhancements.
    -bk
    05-13-2016 05:38 PM
    I've stayed with the Samsung keyboard due to full integration with S Pen and TouchWiz. What continues to irritate, though, is why the keyboard can't handle and accept 'K" as a valid response. Instead, "Know" is always substituted, which then requires me to go back and fix before responding to the text.

I even posted a thread about this. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tead-know.html

I have all of the "Smart typing" options enabled. Is there something simple I'm missing?

I used SwiftKey years ago and liked it, but at the time the full featured S Pen and TouchWiz integration wasn't there.
    cjh1955 likes this.
    05-15-2016 08:31 AM
    I've been use the the Google Keyboard v5.1.07 on Marshmallow. It has14 new themes.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2016/05/18...-n-dp3-themes/
    05-21-2016 06:14 PM
    I've stayed with the Samsung keyboard due to full integration with S Pen and TouchWiz. What continues to irritate, though, is why the keyboard can't handle and accept 'K" as a valid response. Instead, "Know" is always substituted, which then requires me to go back and fix before responding to the text.

I even posted a thread about this. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tead-know.html

I have all of the "Smart typing" options enabled. Is there something simple I'm missing?

I used SwiftKey years ago and liked it, but at the time the full featured S Pen and TouchWiz integration wasn't there.
    Have you tried to press and hold the word "know"? It will bring up a window asking if you don't want the prediction. This works for any words that it keeps predicting. Then enter "K" and it should be in the center box and accepted.
    05-23-2016 06:49 AM
    I'm trying the blackberry keyboard now. Like it so far. Can type fast for sure.

Only thing I miss is being able to long press for numbers or a dedicated number row. Either one works for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2016 12:11 PM
    I'm using Fleksy now. I like sending my friends and people stupid gifs so that's helpful.

I used to use swiftkey exclusively but I was frustrated by how slow it is to load and predict sometimes. I don't know if I'll even go back to it. It's frustrating when you want to type a quick message to have to wait for the keyboard to load after the messaging app is already loaded.
    05-23-2016 12:21 PM
    Have you tried to press and hold the word "know"? It will bring up a window asking if you don't want the prediction. This works for any words that it keeps predicting. Then enter "K" and it should be in the center box and accepted.
    Yes. Good reminder for how to get words added. I don't know why the keyboard logic get's confused with "K" and tries "Know".
    05-24-2016 06:04 AM
40 12