Best Keyboards for Note 5

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Swype has the best swipe typing. the default built-in Samsung keyboard is convenient too in how it autotype your emails and contact names, but the downside is that it can be annoying when you don't want to type an email. I tried swiftkey and while it's nice, I couldn't take the battery life trade off

I've never even seen SwiftKey register in my battery usage.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The BB Priv Keyboard has had my attention for a while now. There are a lot of rabid believers/users.

Two things:
- What are the real advantages of Priv over Google keyboard
- What is the diff between the Priv app on the Play Store and the apk above?

I don't see it in the Playstore....probably not typing in the right keywords. I'm warming up to it. No swiping is the one concession. But word prediction is good and they pop up all over the keyboard. Swipe up to select. It's pretty slick and whether you like it or not it is at least probably worth a try IMO.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't see it in the Playstore....probably not typing in the right keywords. I'm warming up to it. No swiping is the one concession. But word prediction is good and they pop up all over the keyboard. Swipe up to select. It's pretty slick and whether you like it or not it is at least probably worth a try IMO.

You won't see it in the Playstore if you're using a different device than the Priv. You need to use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager app to get BlackBerry related apps.
https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
Working Blackberry Priv apps for any Android device [no root required] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
You won't see it in the Playstore if you're using a different device than the Priv. You need to use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager app to get BlackBerry related apps.
https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
Working Blackberry Priv apps for any Android device [no root required] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

This keyboard is the absolute best I've used. That being Skype, Swiftkey, iOS default, A-Key, Google Keyboard, Samsung keyboard, Fleksy, and some others I can't remember right now.

Blackberry keyboard is so good, surprisingly so really.

Posted via the Android Central App

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I switched to the BB keyboard a few weeks ago thinking I'll eventually go back to Google. That hasn't happened. The word prediction and where it's placed on the keyboard screen is brilliant. Great keyboard and I'm sticking with it.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I switched to the BB keyboard a few weeks ago thinking I'll eventually go back to Google. That hasn't happened. The word prediction and where it's placed on the keyboard screen is brilliant. Great keyboard and I'm sticking with it.

I only downloaded out of sheer curiosity. Totally replaced Swiftkey, which I've used for quite a while through many versions. In keyboard settings, turn the Baltic feedback ms to like 11, and turn on the key popup so you get that visual feedback too. I'm typing more accurately now, even at speed. The prediction selection works the most seamlessly out of any other keyboard I've used.

Really, great job. When BlackBerry has to sell/fold I hope they stick with the keyboard, messenger, and concentrate more on interconnected CRM style apps (calendar, contacts, email, etc).

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yup. Your phone may warn you the site is an 'unknown source' so it might prompt you to change a setting to allow you to download. Download then execute and your done.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't tried Google's new Version 5 keyboard, check it out.
It's been rolling out so slowly over the past week that I went and pulled the apk earlier today.
See here.

Some very cool, and usable, enhancements.
-bk

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've stayed with the Samsung keyboard due to full integration with S Pen and TouchWiz. What continues to irritate, though, is why the keyboard can't handle and accept 'K" as a valid response. Instead, "Know" is always substituted, which then requires me to go back and fix before responding to the text.

I even posted a thread about this. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-get-samsung-keyboard-use-k-instead-know.html

I have all of the "Smart typing" options enabled. Is there something simple I'm missing?

I used SwiftKey years ago and liked it, but at the time the full featured S Pen and TouchWiz integration wasn't there.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've stayed with the Samsung keyboard due to full integration with S Pen and TouchWiz. What continues to irritate, though, is why the keyboard can't handle and accept 'K" as a valid response. Instead, "Know" is always substituted, which then requires me to go back and fix before responding to the text.

I even posted a thread about this. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-get-samsung-keyboard-use-k-instead-know.html

I have all of the "Smart typing" options enabled. Is there something simple I'm missing?

I used SwiftKey years ago and liked it, but at the time the full featured S Pen and TouchWiz integration wasn't there.

Have you tried to press and hold the word "know"? It will bring up a window asking if you don't want the prediction. This works for any words that it keeps predicting. Then enter "K" and it should be in the center box and accepted.

Last edited:

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying the blackberry keyboard now. Like it so far. Can type fast for sure.

Only thing I miss is being able to long press for numbers or a dedicated number row. Either one works for me.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Fleksy now. I like sending my friends and people stupid gifs so that's helpful.

I used to use swiftkey exclusively but I was frustrated by how slow it is to load and predict sometimes. I don't know if I'll even go back to it. It's frustrating when you want to type a quick message to have to wait for the keyboard to load after the messaging app is already loaded.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to press and hold the word "know"? It will bring up a window asking if you don't want the prediction. This works for any words that it keeps predicting. Then enter "K" and it should be in the center box and accepted.

Yes. Good reminder for how to get words added. I don't know why the keyboard logic get's confused with "K" and tries "Know".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez