05-24-2016 06:04 AM
40 12
tools
    I'm flipping through all the keyboards I've downloaded, and keep revisiting them every few months. I currently have Google Keyboard, Swype + Dragon, Samsung, TouchPal, Swiftkey, and SlideIt.

Anyone use Google Keyboard because I can't find Settings anywhere. Maybe there aren't any?? It's a pretty good keyboard, but surely you can do a little customizing? BTW, TouchPal seems to have dropped the ball recently, as has SwiftKey. Just my observation, but can anyone answer the Settings question on Google Keyboard?

MM
    04-12-2016 04:53 PM
    What settings are you looking for. I press and hold the comma key to bring up settings for Google keyboard. Color, size, dictionary, preferences... Press and hold until the gear appears then slide to the gear. I'm hoping this is what you need.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2016 05:01 PM
    I thought Samsung's keyboard was based on Swiftkey?
    04-12-2016 05:09 PM
    I switch between Google and SwiftKey. If you actually go into the app you have a bit of customizing but not much.
    04-12-2016 05:14 PM
    I never change my Keyboard Apps since first time I use Swiftkey Keyboard
    Samsung4_life and debdroid1a like this.
    04-12-2016 07:21 PM
    SwiftKey dropped the ball? I've had two updates from them, recently, looked around, see no rolling orbs anywhere around me. :-s
    04-12-2016 07:35 PM
    Priv Keyboard!
    BergerKing and Mike_Luchia like this.
    04-12-2016 08:36 PM
    Chrooma is very similar to Google keyboard, however it is very customizable. It does cost a few bucks though.

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    04-13-2016 08:40 AM
    I periodically fiddle with other keyboards and eventually go back to google despite its limitations due to it's accuracy in swiping.
    BergerKing and kj11 like this.
    04-13-2016 10:29 AM
    I've stuck with Swiftkey for quite a few updates - even the same light blue and silver look. (I don't really use too many of the options, I just like the size of the keys and the layout.) My only problem is that selecting Swiftkey as the default still brings up the Samsung keyboard most of the time. (And the Swiftkey beta went in the wrong direction for people who liked the older version.)
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-13-2016 12:08 PM
    Swype.. I'm stuck on not peck typing anymore
    debdroid1a likes this.
    04-13-2016 08:00 PM
    You can swipe with Google keyboard.
    Attached Thumbnails Best Keyboards for Note 5-1460596449172.jpg  
    04-13-2016 08:14 PM
    Swype has the best swipe typing. the default built-in Samsung keyboard is convenient too in how it autotype your emails and contact names, but the downside is that it can be annoying when you don't want to type an email. I tried swiftkey and while it's nice, I couldn't take the battery life trade off
    04-14-2016 01:22 AM
    SwiftKey for me
    04-14-2016 03:33 PM
    I had no idea you could press the comma key to bring up a gear on the Google Keyboard. Never have seen anything referencing that anywhere.

Great to have a forum like this from which to learn such tricks.

But I still can't downsize the keyboard.
    04-14-2016 04:44 PM
    Google keyboard. It's hands down the best for swiping. SwiftKey flow is garbage and cumbersome, and Swype was great 5 years ago, but they've done nothing to improve it since then.
    billykac likes this.
    04-14-2016 09:11 PM
    Google keyboard. If the extent to which you use your N5 is to scribble a quick text, lots of keyboards can work. If you need to ever work in a document that's longer than a page or two, most keyboards - including Swiftkey - lock-up and become inoperable. Pretty ridiculous.

Google keyboard just works. Plus, for us N5 users, the Google Handwriting Input app is awesome, and once installed, both Google keyboards integrate with each other. Pretty cool.
    04-15-2016 07:20 AM
    Blackberry keyboard is by far the best and has the best shortcuts! Download here BlackBerry Keyboard 1.0.1.3168 APK Download by BlackBerry Limited. - APKMirror
    04-15-2016 07:20 PM
    You can even add a row of numbers at the top http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ad...oogle-keyboard
    04-15-2016 08:01 PM
    Very cool. Didn't know this. I just tried it and it reduces the keyboard real estate too much to accommodate all of the new "PC" keys.
    I had to go back to default.
    Good to know though.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-16-2016 08:21 AM
    Blackberry keyboard is by far the best and has the best shortcuts! Download here BlackBerry Keyboard 1.0.1.3168 APK Download by BlackBerry Limited. - APKMirror
    The BB Priv Keyboard has had my attention for a while now. There are a lot of rabid believers/users.

Two things:
    - What are the real advantages of Priv over Google keyboard
    - What is the diff between the Priv app on the Play Store and the apk above?
    04-16-2016 08:23 AM
    Swype has the best swipe typing. the default built-in Samsung keyboard is convenient too in how it autotype your emails and contact names, but the downside is that it can be annoying when you don't want to type an email. I tried swiftkey and while it's nice, I couldn't take the battery life trade off
    I've never even seen SwiftKey register in my battery usage.
    04-16-2016 09:58 PM
    The BB Priv Keyboard has had my attention for a while now. There are a lot of rabid believers/users.

Two things:
    - What are the real advantages of Priv over Google keyboard
    - What is the diff between the Priv app on the Play Store and the apk above?
    I don't see it in the Playstore....probably not typing in the right keywords. I'm warming up to it. No swiping is the one concession. But word prediction is good and they pop up all over the keyboard. Swipe up to select. It's pretty slick and whether you like it or not it is at least probably worth a try IMO.
    04-25-2016 07:21 AM
    I don't see it in the Playstore....probably not typing in the right keywords. I'm warming up to it. No swiping is the one concession. But word prediction is good and they pop up all over the keyboard. Swipe up to select. It's pretty slick and whether you like it or not it is at least probably worth a try IMO.
    You won't see it in the Playstore if you're using a different device than the Priv. You need to use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager app to get BlackBerry related apps.
    https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    Working Blackberry Priv apps for any Android device [no root required] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    burwil and dennisharrison like this.
    04-25-2016 08:49 AM
    You won't see it in the Playstore if you're using a different device than the Priv. You need to use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager app to get BlackBerry related apps.
    https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    Working Blackberry Priv apps for any Android device [no root required] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    This keyboard is the absolute best I've used. That being Skype, Swiftkey, iOS default, A-Key, Google Keyboard, Samsung keyboard, Fleksy, and some others I can't remember right now.

Blackberry keyboard is so good, surprisingly so really.

Posted via the Android Central App
    theonecid likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:01 PM
40 12