I am one attempt away from my phone being reset. Suddenly yesterday, after months of everything being fine, my Note 5 did not recognize my fingerprint scan after multiple attempts. I was able to log in using my google account (after resetting my google password because the Note 5 didn't recognize that password either.) I was finally able to get in, and made the mistake of changing my fingerprint scan lock to a pin setting. I set the new pin... a simple 4 digits that I could not possibly forget or enter incorrectly. The next time I went to unlock my phone, now the phone will not recognize my pin. I have one attempt left, but I do not have the same option to sign in with a google account. Is there a solution other than a factory reset? It seems I am far from the only person experiencing this issue.
    04-13-2016 09:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I thought the Note5 only allows a backup password, not a numeric PIN, for the fingerprint sensor. How did you change to a backup PIN?
    04-14-2016 03:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I thought the Note5 only allows a backup password, not a numeric PIN, for the fingerprint sensor. How did you change to a backup PIN?
    That is a feature of Marshmallow. lollipop only allowed a backup password.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:55 PM
    Ah, thanks for the info.
    04-17-2016 10:10 PM
    I been having to push the button down as I use finger to unlock. Otherwise it doesn't see my print.
    04-18-2016 02:37 PM