Thinking about leaving for an Iphone

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Try it out. Phones are an integral part of people's lives, but I'd guess most users aren't super techy. They just want a user friendly phone that just works well. Apple does that. But, for the tech nerds, Apple is way too limited. Plus the fact that you get a whopping 2 phone choices (or maybe 3 with the SE?) And the lighting cable is further proof of their control over the sheeple. And i think they might be getting rid of the headphone jack? Of course for your benefit (wink wink). But why leave Android over one manufacturer? That's the beauty of Android, you have many other phone brands to choose from. All that aside, give it a go if you feel you want to. You can always switch back.....

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Just remember there will be a tech shock factor when switching operating systems. But the note is a great phone and so is the iphone. I have the galaxy s7 and an iPhone 6s plus. I flipped but mostly with the galaxy s7 because I really love.this phone. I did sell my iPhone 6s, battery life wasn't what I expected. Apple does run a bit smoother, but I love the s7 so much. Like seriously it's an amazing phone Samsung knows what they're doing and so.does apple.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Just remember there will be a tech shock factor when switching operating systems. But the note is a great phone and so is the iphone. I have the galaxy s7 and an iPhone 6s plus. I flipped but mostly with the galaxy s7 because I really love.this phone. I did sell my iPhone 6s, battery life wasn't what I expected. Apple does run a bit smoother, but I love the s7 so much. Like seriously it's an amazing phone Samsung knows what they're doing and so.does apple.

Posted via the Android Central App

iOS is one of, if not, the smoothest os out there. My first smartphone was the iPhone 3gs and I have to say, it ran almost as smooth if not as smooth as my HTC one m7 did. I mean of course load times were bad in comparison, but overall fluidity of the os, right up there.

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have four lines on my T-Mobile account just because I like using so many different phones. I keep my main line in a S7 Edge that I take with me every day though.

Lately, I am using two of the lines in two different iPhones (6S and 6S+). I took the sim out of my Note 5 to put in the 6S last night since I haven't been taking the Note 5 with me anywhere.

The OP may want to consider just keeping an iPhone and an Android phone. Many people do that and I think it's a lot of fun having a lot of phones can use anytime I want.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
.... And, frankly, if you're buying from a carrier, you have two weeks to try the thing.

Agreed! and don't let a little thing like a $35-50.00$ restocking fee keep u from "trying it out"... Think of it as a "rental fee for a couple of bucks a day" to REALLY see which device works best for you for "the long haul" : )

BTC

M S8

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm not thrilled with the look of the Pixel, and now I've read that Verizon is going to put their crapware on them, I'm definitely not interested. I'm close to picking up my very first iPhone. I've had every Samsung galaxy/note phone since the original carrier branded versions. Time for something new I think.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm not thrilled with the look of the Pixel, and now I've read that Verizon is going to put their crapware on them, I'm definitely not interested. I'm close to picking up my very first iPhone. I've had every Samsung galaxy/note phone since the original carrier branded versions. Time for something new I think.
Because an iPhone is better than crappiest Android? Good luck if you jump ship. My father in-law went to Apple after years of Android and hates it. He can't do 90% of what he wants anymore.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
iPhones aren't bad at all as long as you value simplicity over flexibility. They do work, typically well, and their features are simple to access by most. I like Android's flexibility and customizations and choices of hardware but I do appreciate the iPhone. It's nice to have both if you can.

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I have both the iPhone 6s+ and the Note 5 on separate lines. I've had the Note 5 for just over a year and the iPhone 6s+ for about 4 months. It took me about a couple months to realize how much I enjoy the iPhone over the Note 5, but now my Note 5 is basically a paperweight on my desk. I pick it up and turn it on from time to time, wishing it would wow me again and I'd want to use it, but alas I turn it back off and go right back to my iPhone. My iPhone just works without fail. I don't ever experience any random battery drains, and it just does what I expect it to do at all times. Bluetooth seems to hold a connection at a greater distance without breaking up and the sound is better and more clear while talking with someone or listening to music.

I do wish the iPhone had the same quality screen as my Note 5, and the lack of a file system takes some getting used to, but apparently those are tradeoffs I'm willing to accept.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have both the iPhone 6s+ and the Note 5 on separate lines. I've had the Note 5 for just over a year and the iPhone 6s+ for about 4 months. It took me about a couple months to realize how much I enjoy the iPhone over the Note 5, but now my Note 5 is basically a paperweight on my desk. I pick it up and turn it on from time to time, wishing it would wow me again and I'd want to use it, but alas I turn it back off and go right back to my iPhone. My iPhone just works without fail. I don't ever experience any random battery drains, and it just does what I expect it to do at all times. Bluetooth seems to hold a connection at a greater distance without breaking up and the sound is better and more clear while talking with someone or listening to music.

I do wish the iPhone had the same quality screen as my Note 5, and the lack of a file system takes some getting used to, but apparently those are tradeoffs I'm willing to accept.
That's the nice thing about iPhones. What they lack in customization they gain in battery life, ease of use (out-of-the-box), ecosystem, accessibility of features, etc. I used iPhones almost exclusively from January through a few weeks ago and there is definitely something to appreciate. My other half doesn't understand my phone obsession as of late, or why I left both my iPhones for Androids. One word...Boredom. My Android's customibility will keep them fresher longer. A girl has to have her toys too.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
"My Android's customibility will keep them fresher longer." only for so long. I've found that people pretty much standardize on a set up for any Android phone they get. Being on Android is actually worse than being on iPhone as you always want the next shinny.

You can always keep an iPhone for 2-3 year without missing much.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
"My Android's customibility will keep them fresher longer." only for so long. I've found that people pretty much standardize on a set up for any Android phone they get. Being on Android is actually worse than being on iPhone as you always want the next shinny.

You can always keep an iPhone for 2-3 year without missing much.
I have a note 5 and don't want anything else. Plus, you are good with one iPhone because they are all 100% the same garbage. Lol

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You said nothing but prove my point.

Also if garbage means timely updates for longer than a year, no lag, 1st class support and apps then I'll take that any day.
I love tech and actually have 3 phones I switch between windows, android and ios. From an OS perspective windows phone has the best OS it just lacks support. IMOP.

I have never understood why people like to rag/rage on a different OS.
Its is it to justify you're own purchase and not feel bad about it (not a question). And then there is always the strange "lol".
What does that even mean to end a sentence with that...when it's not funny (not a question). Humans are strange.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I can understand liking windows phone but iOS is boring and if you are in the Android ecosystem and switch to iOS, you are missing a lot. Like I stated before, my father in-law switched and it's regretting it. So yes, even a 74 year old knows why Android is better

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have multiple phones, one is a iPhone 5s...and I have two iPad. While I love the tinkering you can do with Android I enjoy that the iPhone is just smooth and slik out of the gate. It can seem boring if you're accustomed to Android's need for customization.

IME, iPhones generally have far better battery life, which leads to less charging, less charging cycles and, therefore, a longer lasting device. I compensate for that by having multiple Android phones and carrying 2 with me to work (more exciting than just plugging the same phone in a couple of times per day).

I may go back to a contemporary iPhone w/in the next year but for now my 'droids have my full attention.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
iPhones aren't bad at all as long as you value simplicity over flexibility. They do work, typically well, and their features are simple to access by most. I like Android's flexibility and customizations and choices of hardware but I do appreciate the iPhone. It's nice to have both if you can.

Don't forget the amazing things that you can do with an iPhone once it is jailbroken. I have several iPhones on iOS 9 still that are all jailbroken. One of my most favorite apps had a few updates this month that I didn't like. Using a jailbreak app called appadmin, I was able to go right to the app store and pick any version of that app to downgrade to. I went down three versions to the version that I last liked using. Also Facebook++, Instagram++ that actually give those apps the ability to do many things that aren't actually built into them such as being able to save pics and videos directly in Instagram from any user.

Anyways, this don't have to do with anything iPhone 7 since iOS 10 isn't jailbroken officially yet, just any iPhone running 9.0.2 to 9.3.3 I believe.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Don't forget the amazing things that you can do with an iPhone once it is jailbroken. I have several iPhones on iOS 9 still that are all jailbroken. One of my most favorite apps had a few updates this month that I didn't like. Using a jailbreak app called appadmin, I was able to go right to the app store and pick any version of that app to downgrade to. I went down three versions to the version that I last liked using. Also Facebook++, Instagram++ that actually give those apps the ability to do many things that aren't actually built into them such as being able to save pics and videos directly in Instagram from any user.

Anyways, this don't have to do with anything iPhone 7 since iOS 10 isn't jailbroken officially yet, just any iPhone running 9.0.2 to 9.3.3 I believe.
I haven't jailbroken an iPhone since the ios 7 days and I'd forgotten. For me, I'd just rather go Android than jailbreak but iMessage is quite nice, especially in iOS10. ...so I can see why some may really be dedicated to that side of the house.