Thinking about leaving for an Iphone

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
When I took my replacement Note 7 back, the T-Mobile rep suggested the iPhone 7 since I have long had an iPhone 5s on my second line. I bit and took a mat black iPhone 7 256gb. Really an impressive phone. I love how it looks and feels in the hand. It's very fast and quite lovely. However, there were a few things I didn't like. I haven't been able to get used to the home button and it is difficult to use on a desktop without picking up the phone. I was annoyed by not being able to use my (many) regular iPhone and Samsung headsets that get scattered around my house, when I left the adapter and lightning pods at the office. I really missed wireless charging and fast charging and it bothered me to pay so much for a phone without an amoled screen (the blacks aren't really black even with the dimmest setting - one notices such things on the nightstand at night). So I ordered a Note 5 that came on Friday and after using it for the weekend, the iPhone 7 is going back. I recognize that different things are important for different people and I agree the iPhone 7 is a terrific phone. I just like the Notes better. And while the Note 5 is good, I would sure like to have the Note 7 back. Even with the curved screen that I didn't like, that is the best phone I've ever used.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the amazing things that you can do with an iPhone once it is jailbroken. I have several iPhones on iOS 9 still that are all jailbroken. One of my most favorite apps had a few updates this month that I didn't like. Using a jailbreak app called appadmin, I was able to go right to the app store and pick any version of that app to downgrade to. I went down three versions to the version that I last liked using. Also Facebook++, Instagram++ that actually give those apps the ability to do many things that aren't actually built into them such as being able to save pics and videos directly in Instagram from any user.

Anyways, this don't have to do with anything iPhone 7 since iOS 10 isn't jailbroken officially yet, just any iPhone running 9.0.2 to 9.3.3 I believe.
But these are things you can do with Android natively. Look for an APK of a downgraded app. No need to jailbreak or root. Easy.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
But these are things you can do with Android natively. Look for an APK of a downgraded app. No need to jailbreak or root. Easy.

Of course. I downgraded the Peel remote app for my Note 4 today because they ruined the remote widget on the latest update. Took me less then a minute to download the previous version, email it to my phone and install it.

But there are still some things that can be done by jailbreaking an iPhone that I have not been able to do on any Android phone.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Of course. I downgraded the Peel remote app for my Note 4 today because they ruined the remote widget on the latest update. Took me less then a minute to download the previous version, email it to my phone and install it.

But there are still some things that can be done by jailbreaking an iPhone that I have not been able to do on any Android phone.
Care to elaborate what more stuff you have done jailbreaking? I have never done it lol

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Arguing the merits of the Apple Mobile OS versus Android is up there with religion and politics. I personally don't see the purpose of it.

If you're not sold on Android or the stylus with the Note series I say go for it. Personally, I could never see the point of not having a back button. But that's me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My brother has to use Apple because of his job. He is not a fan but like I said he has no choice. He wishes he could still use Samsung. His wife has the N5 and he told me he is jealous lol. But Apple has the security his job needs...

wsm0807

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I just switched drone a note 5 to an iPhone 7, not sure if I will keep it. This iPhone is SMALL compared to the note and being that this is my first iPhone idk if I can get used to the locked down OS

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 5 and don't want anything else. Plus, you are good with one iPhone because they are all 100% the same garbage. Lol
How long have you had your note 5. I may pick one up as a 2nd phone if Amazon has any that aren't international. Any issues with it?.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
How long have you had your note 5. I may pick one up as a 2nd phone if Amazon has any that aren't international. Any issues with it?.

While you're awaiting your other response, thought I'd chime in. The only issue I've had with my N5 is poor battery life. Otherwise it is near flawless, and the display is beautiful the way I have it configured.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
While you're awaiting your other response, thought I'd chime in. The only issue I've had with my N5 is poor battery life. Otherwise it is near flawless, and the display is beautiful the way I have it configured.

For me , the battery is ok .
When i get home after work it has at least 30% left , that i work on phone most of the time ..
Just don't have any game on mine ..

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I ordered it on Amazon it's supposed to deliver tomorrow😃

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I've had with my N5 is poor battery life.

This. I still today have to keep my Note 5 rooted to get 1-2 hrs screen time over a full day. If I dare go back to stock, I lose battery life even if I leave the phone at home the whole day. Last time I tried stock, I simply restored to factory and left it like that. I didn't log into Gmail and had NO apps installed other then what was on the phone from doing the factory reset. I left the phone that way while I was at work and it was went from 100% battery to 30% in 8 hrs of doing nothing.

Even rooted, I still get less usage then I get on any Android phone that I still have, even my Note 4 and Note Edge. It's probably been my least favorite phone of all time.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, Hubby's birthday is Tuesday and I got him a 7 Plus (256/Black). Of course I have to put it through its paces to ensure he doesn't get a lemon, heehee

Wow, I didn't realized how much and how quickly I completely adapted to the LG Vxx way of life! This iPhone felt so...simplistic. It's fast and smooth for sure but not notably better than the 6s Plus Hubby currently has. The haptic home button? ...not sure I'm a fan but I've read you get used to it. The no back button, no 2nd screen, no scrolling wallpaper, icon placement limitations. All things that never really made too much of a difference before seem to matter to me now. I'll be glad to wipe the finger prints on this thing and put it back in its box so I can get back to my LG Vxx phones. The iPhone 7 Plus is a nice phone but takes getting used to after the joys and control of Android. YMMV.

So I say to anyone pondering the switch. Leave yourself and Android-bound escape route should you decide to go iOS.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No issues at all. Battery life could be better but for what I do with mine, I can't complain.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
No issues at all. Battery life could be better but for what I do with mine, I can't complain.
I ordered a note 5 and it should arrive today. I had one earlier in the year and liked it. The battery concerns people seem to have-seems about what mine is at anyway. I use mine alot and lair with a Gear s2 and Bluetooth. Anxious to see how the Note 5 compares with the paring as does my current s7 edge

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a note 5 and it should arrive today. I had one earlier in the year and liked it. The battery concerns people seem to have-seems about what mine is at anyway. I use mine alot and lair with a Gear s2 and Bluetooth. Anxious to see how the Note 5 compares with the paring as does my current s7 edge
Note 5 arrived just like new and working great!! Nice pics too from it today:
249568bc9ac3c8a4bc14766e67c7067d.jpg
3d65a76bdead8a0478bfd6353f372578.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool