07-04-2016 04:05 AM
102 12345
tools
    Can't seem to find the google settings app, was it moved within the system like on nexus devices? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: Google settings is under applications on settings. weird
    04-20-2016 11:21 AM
    The update went smoothly and although some things improved like texting I do have an issue with battery drain when using navigation (waze). It drains it significantly faster (I would estimate twice as fast easily). It has not affected battery life outside of this which was excellent. Anyone else with this issue?
    04-20-2016 12:57 PM
    ...hm, waiting to see if it goes smoothly for the majority... my lolli ver. is chugging along great....
    04-20-2016 01:16 PM
    Anyone with an S-View case having issues? Mine won't show my wallpaper, and I don't have the ability to use my camera from the S-View window anymore.
    04-20-2016 03:48 PM
    My S6 Edge + got updated along with the Note 5 Monday and the S-View case features were not working afterwards. Did a factory reset yesterday and it works now. Kind of a pain, but...
    04-20-2016 03:55 PM
    They always recommend that you do a factory reset after a system update. Especially a big file as Marshmallow was. The reason is so that way you know it is a fresh install with no hiccups.
    04-20-2016 06:47 PM
    Update is great overall, phone is faster and smoother. Battery life definitely improved, getting 4 to 4.5 hours of screen time in 18 hours or so. Doze works great overnight when phone is not charging. Losing 4% in 8 hours, could have been better but still big improvement. Not allowing most apps to see location etc is great as well. Only issue is with the power saving. When it is turned on data for messaging apps etc is not working even on WiFi. Can not send messages on whatsapp for example. Chrome works other apps work like I can read news etc but messaging apps do not have access to data. So I turned off the power saving.
    04-21-2016 12:50 AM
    Small update on my battery drain issue. Updated waze and seems to be back to normal power consumption. Will keep all updated
    04-21-2016 08:06 AM
    Read the headline for this and couldn't help but laugh thinking...hooray, just in time for Android N to come out. Always behind the 8 ball so to speak. Ridiculous how long these carrier softwares take to roll out updates. All they want to do is sell you a new device and upgrading already sold ones is a very distant second.
    04-21-2016 09:28 AM
    just in time for Android N to come out
    Android N is still in developer preview. I have to ask - - so would you rather them not update the phone at all and leave it on the software it came with just because another version is eventually coming out?
    04-21-2016 10:11 AM
    I'm probably one of the first to grumble about slow updates. However, I think Samsung includes more options and features into their UI than other manufacturers. A lot of features Samsung currently uses are not even included in Stock OS yet.
    04-21-2016 12:40 PM
    I keep getting a ring that spins next to a text message i send ever since this update? I never noticed that before i would just send a message and it wouldnt need to seem like it was loading to be sent....anybody else?
    04-21-2016 12:47 PM
    Read the headline for this and couldn't help but laugh thinking...hooray, just in time for Android N to come out. Always behind the 8 ball so to speak. Ridiculous how long these carrier softwares take to roll out updates. All they want to do is sell you a new device and upgrading already sold ones is a very distant second.
    The reason why they take so long is because they're actually inspecting for bugs. Thanks to that, I'm keeping my Note 5 for another year, no matter how the Note 6 looks. Because Marshmallow made it 10x better. Note 6 and Android N can wait.
    04-21-2016 02:07 PM
    N most likely won't be released for T-Mobile for about a year. Last year, we got Lollipop around April just like April this year for Marshmallow.
    04-21-2016 02:19 PM
    The reason why they take so long is because they're actually inspecting for bugs. Thanks to that, I'm keeping my Note 5 for another year, no matter how the Note 6 looks. Because Marshmallow made it 10x better. Note 6 and Android N can wait.
    Verizon users had a lot of bugs to deal with when they got it first. I'd rather wait then deal with bugs.

My Note 5 is doing great. No problems and I didn't do a factory reset. Battery life is great.

I'm still looking forward to the Note 6 and using Jump to get it. Unless it's drastically changed, like no spen.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    04-21-2016 02:23 PM
    Hey all.
    I've been using my fingerprint on the note 5 but since marshmallow makes you use a backup password I chose the pin. Needless to say I forgot the pin. Now I can't access smart lock and other stuff like that. Incant reset cuz it asks for a pin. Ugh suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5135836
    04-21-2016 02:37 PM
    the only setting shortcut I would like to see added to the quicksettings pull down would be battery usage. Power save and ultra power save are options but there's no way I can see to set them to kick in automatically (maybe there is? I'm not sure).

animations are more fluid and apps feel like they're opening quicker
    you can set battery saver to automatically kick in at a certain battery %. check in smart manager.
    04-21-2016 09:37 PM
    Anyone with an S-View case having issues? Mine won't show my wallpaper, and I don't have the ability to use my camera from the S-View window anymore.
    Just checked mine for you, everything's functioning as normal ...
    04-22-2016 08:45 AM
    I keep getting a ring that spins next to a text message i send ever since this update? I never noticed that before i would just send a message and it wouldnt need to seem like it was loading to be sent....anybody else?
    I got the same thing, I want to say before Marshmallow it would sit there for a few and then say sent, now you just have a status type indicator.
    04-22-2016 05:47 PM
    ugh that cleanmaster app that tells me I should close messaging services and other stuff to reduce RAM usage on a system designed to keep things in RAM so they're available when I go to use them again and I don't complain about touchwiz being laggy?

But you're right, there is a setting in there to have power save automatically kick in. Thanks!
    04-23-2016 12:16 AM
    ugh that cleanmaster app that tells me I should close messaging services and other stuff to reduce RAM usage on a system designed to keep things in RAM so they're available when I go to use them again and I don't complain about touchwiz being laggy?
    I probably just didn't pick up on the sarcasm, but why are you fooling around with apps that are more detrimental than helpful in the first place? ...
    04-23-2016 09:44 AM
    I probably just didn't pick up on the sarcasm, but why are you fooling around with apps that are more detrimental than helpful in the first place? ...
    I was being sarcastic, sorry.

I forgot to quote james8561's response to my question on where to set power save mode automatically via the Smart Manager app, which is some Samsung branded cleanmaster clone I believe. It does have settings to set power save mode to kick in automatically at a certain battery level and I'm sure a couple of other helpful things but it also has some bad ideas like flushing everything in RAM to improve performance.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    04-24-2016 08:15 AM
    So just did the TMO MM update on my Note 5. What the heck there is an ugly gray status bar? So far mine is lagging big time. Maybe it will get better? Lots of hesitation waiting for things to load. I did update the theme as it gave me the option....but it took away folder colors and some of the design...and now I don't like the one I am using. It figures.
    04-25-2016 11:10 AM
    I just checked again today and found I could get the Marshmallow update. I was hesitant then went ahead and loaded it. So far so good. Hopefully I don't have issues like I've seen some others have

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-30-2016 06:52 PM
    I just downloaded marshmallow and my phone is not working correctly. It's very laggy, I can't make calls, send texts, or receive texts. When I try to open the text messaging app, I get the "messenger not working, close or wait..."

I reset nothing happened. I cleared the cache with vol+, home, power, still nothing changed.

Any suggestions other than a complete restore (which I don't want to do)?
    04-30-2016 09:16 PM
102 12345