07-04-2016 04:05 AM
102 ... 2345
tools
    Any suggestions other than a complete restore (which I don't want to do)?
    Suck it up, and do a complete restore. Your phone is all jacked up!
    05-01-2016 10:24 AM
    So far for me the only thing not working after Marshmallow update is my Starbucks app. I unloaded and reloaded it. Keeps saying system error try again later. Everything else is good though

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-01-2016 12:35 PM
    So far for me the only thing not working after Marshmallow update is my Starbucks app. I unloaded and reloaded it. Keeps saying system error try again later. Everything else is good though

Funny...mine did the same thing.,,while I was at Starbucks!! I finally got it to work right. Just kept trying to log back in. It finally worked.
    05-01-2016 04:13 PM
    I've noticed the Do Not Disturb does not work. I changed it to only receive phone calls, but it wouldn't ring, like before. I liked that because then it made no sound. Now I have the ringer on, but it'll beep on weird things, for example Facebook sounds come through.

Everything else seems to work good and even better. No lag, battery as if it's a new phone, etc.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    05-01-2016 06:03 PM
    I love the New update, everything is running faster and smoother!

I might keep it for another year 😙

Posted via the Android Central App RC51 RIDER W/ NOTE 5
    05-01-2016 07:31 PM
    So I restored my phone after the marshmallow update and now it runs really smooth, even much better than before the update. The biggest surprise is the battery life! It has almost doubled!!!
    debdroid1a likes this.
    05-02-2016 11:10 AM
    I love the New update, everything is running faster and smoother!

I might keep it for another year 😙

Posted via the Android Central App RC51 RIDER W/ NOTE 5
    That's the LAST thing T-mobile and Samsung want to hear. 😆
    SugarMouth likes this.
    05-02-2016 12:10 PM
    For perspective: This is the first time a Note has gotten the OS update before the next model was released with the new OS. I'll probably still be interested in what the Note 6 has to offer, but one factor (finally) won't be getting the current OS faster.
    (I know. I know. #firstworldproblems)
    05-03-2016 04:59 PM
    The one thing I hate any this update, I don't have to use my nice wireless charger I have at work. It lights up blue when my phones in it charging.

I updated a bunch of apps on wifi at work today. I never get on but Samsung wanted some updates and those are done on wifi, so I checked Google play.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile note 5 finally gets marshmallow!!!-5025.jpg  
    05-03-2016 06:01 PM
    Does everyone here do a full restore after the update? I updated the other day but didn't factory restore reset my Note 5.

05-04-2016 12:25 PM
    Does everyone here do a full restore after the update? I updated the other day but didn't factory restore reset my Note 5.

I didn't. I did shut off and turn on my phone, but that's it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    05-04-2016 12:43 PM
    No restore for me...I avoid them if possible lol.
    05-04-2016 04:47 PM
    No restore either, just restarted the phone. Haven't had any issues.
    05-04-2016 04:53 PM
    Dallas go to your settings about phone updates

05-05-2016 10:55 AM
    Updated mine last Saturday, I think it was. So far, there's a lot more to like than to dislike, IMO.

For one thing, the one touch call/msg function is back. Finally! My battery usage seems to be a little more frugal, too. Lots of little subtleties in the OS, none of which comes to mind just now.

The default clock/weather widget still sucks. Finally just ditched it in favor of Digi Clock. For the weather, until I can find a decent replacement, guess I'll just have to waste two seconds every time while the app from a local TV station loads. {sigh} What slaves to instant gratification we have become.

My only real complaint is that the stupid power saving alert has taken up permanent residence on my lock screen. Do I say screw it and forego the battery life or just try to ignore the constant, irrevocable notice that my phone is still eating up resources, and at least some of that battery life, solely for the purpose of reminding me that my phone is scrimping on its battery usage.

Still, like I said, there's a lot more to like about Marshmallow over Lollipop.
    05-06-2016 06:28 PM
    I have 7 screens (I like them with few apps each) and just accidentally pressed a screen button down at the bottom and it jumps right to it. Did MM bring that option back? I also tried it with the app drawer and it worked. I love that. Missed it so much after one of the previous updates.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    05-07-2016 05:24 PM
    Updated mine last Saturday, I think it was. So far, there's a lot more to like than to dislike, IMO.

For one thing, the one touch call/msg function is back. Finally! My battery usage seems to be a little more frugal, too. Lots of little subtleties in the OS, none of which comes to mind just now.

The default clock/weather widget still sucks. Finally just ditched it in favor of Digi Clock. For the weather, until I can find a decent replacement, guess I'll just have to waste two seconds every time while the app from a local TV station loads. {sigh} What slaves to instant gratification we have become.

My only real complaint is that the stupid power saving alert has taken up permanent residence on my lock screen. Do I say screw it and forego the battery life or just try to ignore the constant, irrevocable notice that my phone is still eating up resources, and at least some of that battery life, solely for the purpose of reminding me that my phone is scrimping on its battery usage.

Still, like I said, there's a lot more to like about Marshmallow over Lollipop.
    I use the Weather & Clock widget https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...expert.weather and then just create a large widget on my home screen. Has the date, time, 5 day forecast, wind speed, humidity $ battery %.
    05-10-2016 06:23 PM
    I 200% recommend weather timeline, it's the greatest weather app I've ever seen. It costs a few bucks but it's worth every penny

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    05-10-2016 09:05 PM
    Is putting items in folders on the bottom new? I don't remember being able to do this before Marshmellow.
    I did this by accident.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile note 5 finally gets marshmallow!!!-5277.jpg  
    05-19-2016 08:03 AM
    Since the MM update I got yesterday, I'm unable to attach photos or screenshot to my texts. Anyone have an idea what to do?

05-19-2016 09:04 AM
    Since the MM update I got yesterday, I'm unable to attach photos or screenshot to my texts. Anyone have an idea what to do?

This Note 5 is new to me, less than a week but I love that I can split screen and just drag a picture to the text app....

_-Technologytwitt-_
    05-19-2016 09:42 AM
    I just tried it and it's working for me, T-mobile Note 5 on Marshmallow. Maybe a carrier issue?
    05-19-2016 11:09 AM
    I just tried it and it's working for me, T-mobile Note 5 on Marshmallow. Maybe a carrier issue?
    I don't know. I will call.

05-19-2016 11:30 AM
    Got the update. Having serious issues with data connectivity on out-of-screen apps. Torrents apps not working. Facebook app won't update feed without resetting the app. Really dissapointed. Very smooth and nicely made UI, however. Would like to get back to factory version.

05-24-2016 06:40 AM
    Got the update. Having serious issues with data connectivity on out-of-screen apps. Torrents apps not working. Facebook app won't update feed without resetting the app. Really dissapointed. Very smooth and nicely made UI, however. Would like to get back to factory version.

I find my FB feed updates fine if power saving is off. With it on I have to close most other apps that are running.
    05-24-2016 10:52 PM
102 ... 2345