Random restarts after update

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Ever since the Marshmallow update my phone will just restart itself when I'm in the middle of something, which I don't recall it ever doing before the update. Is this happening to anyone else?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Misszell!

You are not along with issues after this update. Please try the below fixes, hopefully option 1 works for you.

1. Enter Recover Mode and Wipe Cache Partition. No data loss will occur all settings are safe.
2. Full Factory Reset THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA, AS NEW PHONE. Be sure to back up all your important stuff before doing this one.

Hope this helps! Please let us know how this worked for you!

Chris

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Misszell

Not knowing what phone you have. Simply use the web to search for, "how to wipe cache partition on (your phone here). You should be able to find the how-to.

"most times".....you just hold the, VOLUME UP, HOME AND SLEEP/WAKE BUTTON simultaneously, till you see the the phone's green android guy, and it will say something to the affect that the phone is installing update (its not)...then it'll go into recovery screen, where you'll use the volume and and down keys to select the, "wipe cache partition" option, the select reboot.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem on my mother in law's phone and after clearing the cache partition, her phone worked great and had no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

steveewatson

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Does iHeartradio stop loading, or keeps stopping on you, or freezing up? If your memory is full DO NOT UNINSTALL! Your phone might force you to clear other apps before allowing you to reinstall, and that process is mostly unnecessary anyway. Simply go to your SETTINGS app, then go to APPS within SETTINGS, click the iHeartradio icon and clear the iHeartradio CACHE and FORCE STOP. You should not have to clear out your iHeartradio data unless this does not work. After CLEARING YOUR CACHE and FORCE STOPPING, then restart your phone. Open the app and sign back up. Your original data settings will still be there unless you have cleared out your data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae