Music keeps turning off

RC51 RIDER

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
After the marshmallow update no matter what sorce I have Pandora etc , it will play one song and cut off ! Before that I could have it play 8hrs straight with or without wifi on ! Please help I ride 10 miles a day and I need my music ... T mobile Note 5 .

Posted via the Android Central App RC51 RIDER W/ NOTE 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this for both streaming music apps and locally saved music? Does it matter if it's through the main speaker, wired headphones, or Bluetooth speakers?

RC51 RIDER

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I just where ear buds and listen to Pandora, slacker , iheart etc thru there app and now they just cut off at one song and you need to go back in and press play again !

RC51 RIDER

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I plugged it in at work and it will play non stop , however when I unhook it to go on lunch and it stops playing after one song !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I plugged it in at work and it will play non stop , however when I unhook it to go on lunch and it stops playing after one song !

Plugged what in at work? Do you mean the phone was plugged into a charger?

Are there any power saving modes turned on?

RC51 RIDER

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I just went in to my settings and turned off Power Saving Mode and it works just fine now for last 30min with out cutting off the songs !

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Power Saving Mode restricts background data, so that likely explains the streaming cutoff. Nice find by B. Diddy.

Please be safe riding with headphones. Cars like Prius can be difficult to hear with all of the road and wind noise when riding.

sakendrick

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue some times it's after 1 song, some times after 2 or three. Happens with either streaming or downloaded. Power savings mode is not turned on. I've read issues with Battery Savers - I removed the Avast one that I was using. Still happening. This is always through bluetooth which is the only way I listen to music. My phone can be plugged into charger or not and it still happens.

I'm pretty certain, as I've already checked, that background data for Google Play Music is allowed.

Here's what's weird about it... when I first upgraded to Marshmallow I had a problem with Google Play saying certain songs could not be played because I wasn't online or something. So I reverted back to an older version of Play and shut off automatic updates. Everything was working fine for a couple weeks, then this just started happening 4 days ago. I then updated Google Play Music... still happening. The old issue of songs not available (due to network something or other) doesn't appear to be happening any more.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Frustrating.:(

sakendrick

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Realized that when it pauses, I have a notification that says Music Paused - You're listening on another device. But I know I'm not listening on another device.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
"Optimize battery usage" in Settings\Battery\More on Verizon phones. If "Optimize" is set to On for the app, that could be something to check and turn to Off.