It had been a while, so I decided to pull out my Moga and mess around with an Emulator today... After about ten seconds, I noticed my screen start to get dim. I tapped it and it came back on. Ten seconds later, same issue... I recently updated to Marshmallow and I'm not sure if this auto-dimming issue came with the update, but it's incredibly annoying. Especially since my phone was having Bluetooth controller input, but was still going dim. And I've tried everything to keep it from doing that. I've:

Turned Power Saving off (it was set to enable at 50 percent, and I had 90, but still).
    Turned my brightness all the way up.
    Set screen time out to 10 minutes.
    Turned off adaptive display.
    Turned on Smart Stay.
    Downloaded two separate apps that are specifically made to keep your phone screen at full brightness.

None of these solutions have helped, and I'm left wanting to through my phone against a wall because the last thing I want to do while playing a game is reach up and tap my screen every ten seconds. Any ideas?
    04-21-2016 04:56 PM
    This is my second post here with almost no replies... Does anyone actually use this forum?
    04-21-2016 07:28 PM
    I set my screen time out to ten minutes and restarted the phone... I turned on Smart Stay and had a STARING CONTEST with it... No matter what I do, it starts dimming after ten seconds... About 5 percent per second for 10-15 seconds, best I can figure. I refuse to tap the screen every five seconds while playing a game with my Bluetooth controller.
    04-21-2016 08:07 PM
    People use this forum, you just have to give them time to try to help.
    04-21-2016 08:12 PM
    People use this forum, you just have to give them time to try to help.
    Thanks for the reply. 😊
    04-21-2016 08:21 PM
    Update: I realized it was only doing it with games... Like apps that Game Tuner had selected... I uninstalled Game Tuner... Didn't help.
    04-21-2016 08:22 PM
    Solution: I nuked Game Service with a "clear all data" and now my problem is solved. How ironic, trying to get a better gaming experience by using Game Tuner, and it ends up making it unusable.
    04-21-2016 08:25 PM
    Good you solved it. I've noticed the Game Tuner update notification popping up a few times this past week. I don't play games, so dismissed and did not install the update. Maybe something in the April 12th update fixes screen dimming time interval/behavior?
    04-22-2016 05:58 AM
    Good you solved it. I've noticed the Game Tuner update notification popping up a few times this past week. I don't play games, so dismissed and did not install the update. Maybe something in the April 12th update fixes screen dimming time interval/behavior?
    I hope so. I didn't actually care about Game performance when I downloaded Game Tuner (and then I think it came automatically with the Marshmallow update, had I not downloaded it). I only actually got it because I was hoping for the Game Tools functionality, which sounds amazing to me. But I guess it's not on the Note 5 yet, even with Marshmallow.
    04-23-2016 10:30 AM
    Solution: I nuked Game Service with a "clear all data" and now my problem is solved. How ironic, trying to get a better gaming experience by using Game Tuner, and it ends up making it unusable.
    Im having same problem but dont have game service/tuner...i have game launcher and game tools but both are disabled, if thays what you meant can you plz explain how to "nuke them" i cant disable them in app manager as they arent technically an app so im stuck with a screen that keeps dimming. Just randomly started happening i didnt even update
    06-23-2016 03:09 PM