Air Command disappeared after Marshmallow update

Mahmoud Serour

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
i made the last update on my note 5 then i found out that air command just got disappeared .. anyone has any solution instead of factory reset ?? .. really have no idea how they publish update with bugs !!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest, based on many before you with issues, after the MM update, that you do one of the two below, in order, stopping if it starts working after each one.

1. Enter recovery mode, Wipe Cache Partition. No Data Loss
2. Full Factory Reset (YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA, BE SURE TO BACK UP).

Hope this helps!

Chris

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest, based on many before you with issues, after the MM update, that you do one of the two below, in order, stopping if it starts working after each one.

1. Enter recovery mode, Wipe Cache Partition. No Data Loss
2. Full Factory Reset (YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA, BE SURE TO BACK UP).

Hope this helps!

Chris

I have done both of these and air command still doesn't work. Air command / shortcuts is grayed out in the settings.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Sorry to hear the problems was resolved by the 2 methods I provided. I would suggest the final two options.

1. Reflash the software from Sammobile.com, using Odin.
2. Send it in to Samsung, they will fix it, if there is no signs of abuse on the phone. I've sent 2 phones to them, both were covered at no cost.

You can get samsung on chat support, first, perhaps they know of a work around. They've also helped me there a couple of times.

Good Luck!

Chris

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Sorry to hear the problems was resolved by the 2 methods I provided. I would suggest the final two options.

1. Reflash the software from Sammobile.com, using Odin.
2. Send it in to Samsung, they will fix it, if there is no signs of abuse on the phone. I've sent 2 phones to them, both were covered at no cost.

You can get samsung on chat support, first, perhaps they know of a work around. They've also helped me there a couple of times.

Good Luck!

Chris

Samsung was no help on the phone and Samsung inside Best Buy flashed the OS with no results either. There is another thread here entitled "Air Command greyed out after Marshmallow update" that HAS a fix! There are two suggestions and only the one for Voice Assistant worked for me. It actually brought back air command and it works like it did before MM update. Not sure how it works but it did!

The bad part is I wonder how many people are going to send their phones into Samsung for a fix when they don't even know how to fix it. Factory reset doesn't fix it either. I tried that weeks ago. I prefer Android Central for my troubleshooting any day!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow, on the reflash not working, simply weird. But I'm glad you got it sorted, and I'm glad Android Central was able to help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech