I'm locked out of note5 after update w/tmobile

A

AC Question

I powered off to charge 2 days afterwards, and when I turned it back on phone gave no option for fingerprint, just password and wouldn't accept the correct one. Hour after hour. No option to login with gmail. Tmobile rep said I was the 20th person who she's spoke with same thing, only option is hard reset. I keep checking to see if they are going to find a patch or something but I don't see any other information about this problem anywhere!
Am I living in a Disneyland of optimism, like the one whose photos of my grandchildren I'm about to lose. I have no backup whatsoever, help please!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you fail the unlock multiple times in a row (like 10 or 20 times)? Does it ask you then for your Google credentials?

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
So with the update in an effort to help security they make everyone re enter their password every time it resets. I have heard of a few people with this problem. My suggestion is to connect your phone to the computer and backup what you can. Even if they did have a new update, you would either need to flash it, causing a full reset, or you would need to have access to the phone at which this time you don't. I would just do a hard reset and deal with what little may be lost and have you phone back.

Posted via the Android Central App

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
A majority of people have not had any problems including myself, I wouldn't be too worried. Only thing I don't like is the lack of folder colors but that's getting pretty picky.
One of the themes I was using reverted from blue folders to white and I hated it. So I tried another theme I had used and the folders have color I think they're black or purple. I'm using starlight. What I have found is my battery is draining like Crazy. I used to get really good battery life and now after an hour and a half I'm already down 12-13%. I usually average 3 to 5% an hour.

Mine keeps dropping my Internet connection like a lot I'm getting a pop up. That's what was happening to my galaxy S4 and it was draining on my data and battery so I bought the note 5. Now it seems to be doing the same thing I hope it goes away or I'm going to be really ticked

Lgatesws

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I hated the folder colors too, FYI. Not enough to want my phone to die, but every time I looked at them I thought, WHY???
Really happy it worked out for you!

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I hated the folder colors too, FYI. Not enough to want my phone to die, but every time I looked at them I thought, WHY???
Really happy it worked out for you!
The one thing I really dislike so far is the crop option in the gallery is now back in the edit option. I loved when it was right there on the picture without having to go in another screen. I take lots of multiples of pictures and create collages....this is going to be a pain now. :(

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The one thing I really dislike so far is the crop option in the gallery is now back in the edit option. I loved when it was right there on the picture without having to go in another screen. I take lots of multiples of pictures and create collages....this is going to be a pain now. :(

Press edit, then adjustment. You can crop from there by moving the bars. I haven't found it any harder and there's more options.

Posted via the *Note 5*

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
One of the themes I was using reverted from blue folders to white and I hated it. So I tried another theme I had used and the folders have color I think they're black or purple. I'm using starlight. What I have found is my battery is draining like Crazy. I used to get really good battery life and now after an hour and a half I'm already down 12-13%. I usually average 3 to 5% an hour.

Mine keeps dropping my Internet connection like a lot I'm getting a pop up. That's what was happening to my galaxy S4 and it was draining on my data and battery so I bought the note 5. Now it seems to be doing the same thing I hope it goes away or I'm going to be really ticked

Wow. I have great battery life. Better then before the update.
Since you just did your update give it time.
Then maybe a factory reset. I didn't do one, but some find it helpful.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I would clear your cache partition, then restart your phone and much of your battery issues might resolve. My wife had the same problem but after I cleared her cache and turned off the annoying screen steady features her battery is better than ever. For me I always do a factory reset and find that my phone has never been better. It runs faster, last longer, and had data speeds that are killer.

Posted via the Android Central App

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Press edit, then adjustment. You can crop from there by moving the bars. I haven't found it any harder and there's more options.

Posted via the *Note 5*
Yes I know this,,,,there are extra steps compared to pre MM. The old way was much better to me.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know this,,,,there are extra steps compared to pre MM. The old way was much better to me.

I don't see the extra steps. Maybe I just don't remember.
Right now:
--Edit
--Adjustment
Then I crop the photo as needed using the grid lines. No extra presses. I thought it was:
--Edit
--Crop
Then use the grid lines to crop.
So currently it has a different word with more options.
Or am I missing something?

OP
Sorry to high jack your thread. Did you get this figured out?

Posted via the *Note 5*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech