I powered off to charge 2 days afterwards, and when I turned it back on phone gave no option for fingerprint, just password and wouldn't accept the correct one. Hour after hour. No option to login with gmail. Tmobile rep said I was the 20th person who she's spoke with same thing, only option is hard reset. I keep checking to see if they are going to find a patch or something but I don't see any other information about this problem anywhere!
    Am I living in a Disneyland of optimism, like the one whose photos of my grandchildren I'm about to lose. I have no backup whatsoever, help please!
    04-24-2016 09:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you fail the unlock multiple times in a row (like 10 or 20 times)? Does it ask you then for your Google credentials?
    04-25-2016 01:58 AM
    No, only allowed to attempt every 60 minutes. Just me and my screen. No Gmail login info, nothing.
    04-25-2016 03:14 AM
    So with the update in an effort to help security they make everyone re enter their password every time it resets. I have heard of a few people with this problem. My suggestion is to connect your phone to the computer and backup what you can. Even if they did have a new update, you would either need to flash it, causing a full reset, or you would need to have access to the phone at which this time you don't. I would just do a hard reset and deal with what little may be lost and have you phone back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    debdroid1a likes this.
    04-25-2016 10:23 AM
    Ugh.....wish I looked here first. I am half way into my T mobile update
    04-25-2016 10:41 AM
    Ugh.....wish I looked here first. I am half way into my T mobile update
    A majority of people have not had any problems including myself, I wouldn't be too worried. Only thing I don't like is the lack of folder colors but that's getting pretty picky.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    04-25-2016 02:16 PM
    A majority of people have not had any problems including myself, I wouldn't be too worried. Only thing I don't like is the lack of folder colors but that's getting pretty picky.
    One of the themes I was using reverted from blue folders to white and I hated it. So I tried another theme I had used and the folders have color I think they're black or purple. I'm using starlight. What I have found is my battery is draining like Crazy. I used to get really good battery life and now after an hour and a half I'm already down 12-13%. I usually average 3 to 5% an hour.

Mine keeps dropping my Internet connection like a lot I'm getting a pop up. That's what was happening to my galaxy S4 and it was draining on my data and battery so I bought the note 5. Now it seems to be doing the same thing I hope it goes away or I'm going to be really ticked
    04-25-2016 06:34 PM
    I hated the folder colors too, FYI. Not enough to want my phone to die, but every time I looked at them I thought, WHY???
    Really happy it worked out for you!
    04-25-2016 11:03 PM
    I hated the folder colors too, FYI. Not enough to want my phone to die, but every time I looked at them I thought, WHY???
    Really happy it worked out for you!
    The one thing I really dislike so far is the crop option in the gallery is now back in the edit option. I loved when it was right there on the picture without having to go in another screen. I take lots of multiples of pictures and create collages....this is going to be a pain now.
    04-25-2016 11:09 PM
    The one thing I really dislike so far is the crop option in the gallery is now back in the edit option. I loved when it was right there on the picture without having to go in another screen. I take lots of multiples of pictures and create collages....this is going to be a pain now.
    Press edit, then adjustment. You can crop from there by moving the bars. I haven't found it any harder and there's more options.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    04-26-2016 02:54 AM
    One of the themes I was using reverted from blue folders to white and I hated it. So I tried another theme I had used and the folders have color I think they're black or purple. I'm using starlight. What I have found is my battery is draining like Crazy. I used to get really good battery life and now after an hour and a half I'm already down 12-13%. I usually average 3 to 5% an hour.

Mine keeps dropping my Internet connection like a lot I'm getting a pop up. That's what was happening to my galaxy S4 and it was draining on my data and battery so I bought the note 5. Now it seems to be doing the same thing I hope it goes away or I'm going to be really ticked
    Wow. I have great battery life. Better then before the update.
    Since you just did your update give it time.
    Then maybe a factory reset. I didn't do one, but some find it helpful.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    04-26-2016 02:57 AM
    I would clear your cache partition, then restart your phone and much of your battery issues might resolve. My wife had the same problem but after I cleared her cache and turned off the annoying screen steady features her battery is better than ever. For me I always do a factory reset and find that my phone has never been better. It runs faster, last longer, and had data speeds that are killer.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2016 03:01 AM
    Press edit, then adjustment. You can crop from there by moving the bars. I haven't found it any harder and there's more options.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Yes I know this,,,,there are extra steps compared to pre MM. The old way was much better to me.
    04-26-2016 12:37 PM
    Yes I know this,,,,there are extra steps compared to pre MM. The old way was much better to me.
    I don't see the extra steps. Maybe I just don't remember.
    Right now:
    --Edit
    --Adjustment
    Then I crop the photo as needed using the grid lines. No extra presses. I thought it was:
    --Edit
    --Crop
    Then use the grid lines to crop.
    So currently it has a different word with more options.
    Or am I missing something?

OP
    Sorry to high jack your thread. Did you get this figured out?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    04-26-2016 02:17 PM
    Pre MM I had the crop option right on the photo screen...no need to click on edit and then adjust.
    04-26-2016 09:23 PM