Today I updated my Note 5 to Marshmellow, and I STILL have to put up with touchwiz but whatever (not sure if this is a touchwiz only problem, idk how much samsung changes)

Anyway since updating and turning on Battery Saving it automatically does everything (lower processing power, turn off location etc.) rather than letting one choose what to disable like in the Galaxy S5 and earlier, and the issue lies in "disable background data for most apps" which is a vague as hell description but it messes up Spotify and i'm sure some other apps, so in other words I cant listen to Spotify without turning off battery saving.

I already entered the Spotify app settings but it only gives me the option to disable background data which is already in effect because of battery saving. (not rooted)

what are my options? I need battery saving on for my daily use and I also use Spotify every day.
    04-25-2016 06:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm going to move this from the Marshmallow forum to the Note5 forum, since it's more of a device-specific issue.

You might want to try something like Greenify, instead of relying on the built-in battery-saving mode.
    04-26-2016 01:46 PM