Is package disabler pro worth it?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Based on my experience with it, I didn't really see any battery change that amounted to anything. Its worth, for me, comes from the ability to shut off the annoying automatic updating of the android system, forced by carrier specific updates. I love it, for that alone.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the other commenter, I personally wouldn't spend my money on it, but if you have some extra play credit then it's worth it to shut off all the carrier bloat that you don't use.

Posted via the Android Central App

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I use it for a pretty aggressive shut down of all the bloat and features I don't use, and get about a 50% increase in battery life (15 hrs versus 10).

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Based on my experience with it, I didn't really see any battery change that amounted to anything. Its worth, for me, comes from the ability to shut off the annoying automatic updating of the android system, forced by carrier specific updates. I love it, for that alone.

Hope this helps!

Chris

What do you disable to stop updates? On my Note 4 it was com.samsung.sdm or similar. When I disabled that on the Note 4 the System Updates option went away from the Settings menu.

On the Note 5 I disabled com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer (which says System Updates). I still have System Updates on my Settings menu but if I tap it then Settings crashes.

Just want to make sure I've properly disabled updates.

Also back on subject - there is also a free alternative called Debloater that you can grab from XDA that does the same thing via the pc instead of an app on your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy