Battery issue from 5%-0%

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know If it's normal, but I'm noticing a bug on my battery life... Once my phone hits 5% about to die, the transition to 0% goes quick, about 3 seconds, it goes down to 4, 3, 2, and so on. Then when I'm at about 2% left, I plug the charger, and remove it immediately, and the battery goes up to 5%. I have let my phone die completely several times but nothing seems to work... Is there any other way to calibrate the battery other than letting it die ?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I will try to say this nicely. There isn't an issue with the phone. The issue is you letting it get to 5% in the first place. It's a fast charging phone and there are so many ways to charge it that there is no excuse for that to happen. Charge your phone before it gets to 5%

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I will try to say this nicely. There isn't an issue with the phone. The issue is you letting it get to 5% in the first place. It's a fast charging phone and there are so many ways to charge it that there is no excuse for that to happen. Charge your phone before it gets to 5%
*THIS* I said the same thing to myself...
OP: Why do you think your battery "calibration" is so off? Maybe get an app that will do that or that will tell you what's going on at 5%.

What exactly are you trying to fix? Plugging in the charger at 2% and then taking it off and the battery jumping to 5% seems logical?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
OP... the posters were helping you! Don't run your battery, don't discharge your battery THAT LOW! It's really that simple!

Posted via the Android Central App

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Had to post :)

For OP:
The electronics & circuitry involved in determining how much 'juice' is left (to properly power your phone) is really quite clever, however, though it gets less accurate as the battery 'runs down' (especially past 10% of operating range).

All that really means in the long run is that you should know, batteries drain super quick after 10% - so make that your new 0%.

That being said, keep the heat as low as possible on your phone with regards to charging, and the battery should last longer. Quick charging from 10% to full will help reduce the useful life of your battery, so charge for fewer minutes at a time, or slower (keeping it plugged in once charged won't usually have a negative effect).

Nothing wrong with your question, hope this helped, feel free to inquire more.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Had to post :)

For OP:
The electronics & circuitry involved in determining how much 'juice' is left (to properly power your phone) is really quite clever, however, though it gets less accurate as the battery 'runs down' (especially past 10% of operating range).

All that really means in the long run is that you should know, batteries drain super quick after 10% - so make that your new 0%.

That being said, keep the heat as low as possible on your phone with regards to charging, and the battery should last longer. Quick charging from 10% to full will help reduce the useful life of your battery, so charge for fewer minutes at a time, or slower (keeping it plugged in once charged won't usually have a negative effect).

Nothing wrong with your question, hope this helped, feel free to inquire more.

Thank you that makes a lot of sense and it's actually helpful, I learned something new. I'm a T-Mobile store manager so this is good to know for future reference. I appreciate your time and knowledge.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
With current battery technology, is it necessary to calibrate?

Not if you don't let it deep cycle (discharge too far). This should be the case for most devices moving forward from 2014, and many devices forward from 2012.

Battery life will degrade over average use to be about 75% capacity between 9 months to a year in a device like a current gen cellphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21