I have a Verizon Note5 that I bought on launch day last year.

Last Thursday or Friday, I woke up in the morning and noticed the phone looked different. I suddenly realized that everything had been wiped and reset to factory default, like it was just freshly unboxed. I didn't lose much. All my photos/contacts/emails were backed up to Google. It was a painful lengthy process to reinstall all the old apps. I didn't give it another thought and started using it afterwards.

What could have caused that? Should I be concerned? I'm going out of town next week and don't want it to happen again while I'm on the road.

I haven't called and spoken to Verizon yet. I assume that if their tech can't determine the cause, they may replace it with a refurbished or certified-like-new Note5.(which is what they did with my previous phone, the S6)

Any advice appreciated!
    04-28-2016 01:40 PM
    Happened to me on my replacement device. Worried it would happen again but it didn't. Have been all good ever since.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-28-2016 08:44 PM
    Happened to me on my replacement device. Worried it would happen again but it didn't. Have been all good ever since.

Posted via the Android Central App
    when did this happen to you? I spoke to a Verizon tech today and he said Verizon stopped pushing out the Marshmallow update to Note 5 because of stability issues. Not sure if that's what happened to me?
    04-28-2016 10:43 PM