Keyboard issues

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So ever since the 6.0 update arrived, the stock Samsung keyboard no longer does swipe or predictive text. Anyone else experience this or what? Any help is appreciated thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I assume you've already checked the keyboard settings for the swipe/gesture typing setting, correct? Have you also tried wiping the system cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23240

My girlfriend has the same phone and she has different settings than I do. Hers show predictive text and the ability to enable swype on keyboard. Mine are nowhere to be found and we are both on Marshmallow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're on the same carrier, and you got the phones from the same place?

Is your phone on Easy Mode?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
No its not on easy mode at all. Look at my Samsung keyboard settings. I've attached an image.

Attachments

• 4861.jpg
    4861.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 96

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
You dont understand the settins to enable prediction and swype are gone. I cant even find them in the default samsung keyboard settings. Its like they disappeared.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand that you can't find those settings, which is why I was suggesting checking that help page. Go to Settings>Language & Input>Default Keyboard, then Add Keyboards, and make sure Google Voice Typing is switched On. If it already was On, then that's not the issue. But if it was Off to begin with, then after switching it On, go back and see if you can find those settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure what to try next. If you're in the US, try bringing it to your nearest Best Buy and ask the Samsung Experience rep if they have any ideas.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've already tried that my next step is to contact Samsung directly. That's never an easy process because they are clueless.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What version of Samsung Keyboard do you have? My wife's Note5 is on 1.1.16.

Also, have you Disabled any apps? If so, try going to the App Manager, tap More, then Reset App Preferences. This resets all app defaults, and also re-enables any disabled app. I'm just wondering if some disabled app might be leading to the decreased keyboard functionality.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
What version of Samsung Keyboard do you have? My wife's Note5 is on 1.1.16.

Also, have you Disabled any apps? If so, try going to the App Manager, tap More, then Reset App Preferences. This resets all app defaults, and also re-enables any disabled app. I'm just wondering if some disabled app might be leading to the decreased keyboard functionality.

I've tried that as well reset app preferences and did nothing. I'm technical too lol