Do you still use a tablet?

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you use a tablet along with your Note 5? Do you ever miss reading on an even larger device? I'm thinking about getting a tablet for reading books and magazines.. maybe a Fire tablet. What do you think?

Posted via the Android Central App

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I do have a tablet but hardly use it. It gets the most use when traveling, like watching a movie on the plane or logging into my slingbox to watch recorded programs when at a hotel. If I were to be doing a bunch of reading I would definitely use a tablet over the phone.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have two Kindles and got tired of no color and sloooooow processor. So I purchased a Fire 7 5th generation for $50.00 to replace the Kindles. I have been extremely pleased with the Fire 7. I get color images. Especially nice for magazines. With a simple side loaded apk I have the Play Store installed and can run any Play Store app on the Fire 7 (info on You Tube). I use it every day and even though it is the fastest tablet or have the best screen for $50.00 it is a real good choice. If only Amazon would put encryption option back on the Fire OS life would be perfect.
I also have a Samsung Pro 12.2 that I purchased to replace my laptop PC. Because Android doesn't run Java I can't use it to connect to certain encrypted databases that I need for my work so I can't completely replace my laptop at this point. But the screen on the 12.2 is better than a LCD TV screen for image quality when I stream movies.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Tab pro 10.1 although it's no longer supported by Samsung. I use it primarily now as my off road GPS in my truck whenever I go into the desert or down I to baja. I use my delorme in reach for the satellite connection and either their maps or other ones I have downloaded love it.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have two Kindles and got tired of no color and sloooooow processor. So I purchased a Fire 7 5th generation for $50.00 to replace the Kindles. I have been extremely pleased with the Fire 7. I get color images. Especially nice for magazines. With a simple side loaded apk I have the Play Store installed and can run any Play Store app on the Fire 7 (info on You Tube). I use it every day and even though it is the fastest tablet or have the best screen for $50.00 it is a real good choice. If only Amazon would put encryption option back on the Fire OS life would be perfect.
I also have a Samsung Pro 12.2 that I purchased to replace my laptop PC. Because Android doesn't run Java I can't use it to connect to certain encrypted databases that I need for my work so I can't completely replace my laptop at this point. But the screen on the 12.2 is better than a LCD TV screen for image quality when I stream movies.

Ordered the Fire. It should be here tomorrow.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
2 iPads, a Nexus 7 and a Kindle... If not for the kids they'd be collecting a whole lot of dust

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Tablets work well for travel (airplane, hotel). Currently have a Tab S2 and the Logitech Bluetooth keyboard/cover case that was designed for the tablet. Note 5 is fine for watching a movie on the couch or in bed, but for me too small to see well on a plane. I use a "2 in 1" touchscreen laptop when at home.

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Tab A. Still use it, but I do find many times, that I'm laying in bed, surfing with my Note 5, while my tablet sits on the dresser, 10 inches away. LOL!

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a samsang galxy tab 4 8.0 on verizon.

About the only thing i use it for anymore is either casting movies to my tv or using it like a small tv on my nightstand when i am in bed.

I love having a tablet, and the 8.0 is the perfect size for me. It still has its usefulness, even though i do most things on my note5.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Received the Fire HD 8 today and so far I really like it. Seems to be the perfect size for me. Not too small that it doesn't make sense paired with my Note 5 and not too big to be annoying to hold to read a book or magazine. Thanks for the input.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Have an iPad. It only gets used to play white noise in my toddlers bedroom. Haven't even bothered updating It in 2 years.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I did breakdown and bought an IPad back in Dec. I use it for apps that are not available on my note or are better implemented on IOS. I also use it when traveling to use Dish anywhere for a larger screen. Normally I prefer the 9 x 16 format of most android tablets but than Samsung has decided to emulate Apple by adopting the iPad format.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have an iPad mini 4.. use it mostly for school (textbooks,web browsing) other than that I use it for iTunes and entertainment.. games and such.. my phone is straight communication and music.. I don't like playing games on my phone!

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
currently using an ellipsis8 tablet for GPS when i travel for biz, slingbox, movies on planes. laptop for home and work when i travel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae