Pandora and iheart radio issues

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I use Pandora in my car on Bluetooth from my phone all the time. Well until after the marshmallow update that is. Not able to connect to Pandora automatically. If I add it manually after four or five tries a song will finally play. But when that song is over it stops again. So I tried iheart radio through Bluetooth as well and have the same issue. I did go to the Pandora app and see that some people have been complaining that after one song the app continues to buffer. That is what I'm seeing but I think it maybe coincidental for me. On Iheart it is doing the same thing. Is anyone else having a problem? This is really aggravating. I started back at the gym today and I thought the problem was only with my car but it's obviously with the phone as it would not work there either, Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any power saving modes turned on? I think that was causing this issue for other people.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any power saving modes turned on? I think that was causing this issue for other people.
Yep I googled it and found that that was the issue for many. Funny as I googled it last week and didn't find an answer but last night late I did. So today I tried it out and Pandora works fine in my car and at the gym now. It's just sad that I have to turn power saving mode off in order for it to work correctly. It worked fine before the marshmallow update with power saving on

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Give feedback to the developers of the apps where this is an issue. Hopefully they'll patch the app in a future update to fix this problem.

iHeartRadio

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Give feedback to the developers of the apps where this is an issue. Hopefully they'll patch the app in a future update to fix this problem.

This is at the Android OS level. It's not something that we would be able workaround. Even if we could, we'd basically be preventing an OS feature from doing what it was designed to do which is to conserve battery by disabling functionality.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This is at the Android OS level. It's not something that we would be able workaround. Even if we could, we'd basically be preventing an OS feature from doing what it was designed to do which is to conserve battery by disabling functionality.
I haven't tried my iheart radio again but I have tried the Pandora. Why did it work without the power saving mode on pre-marshmallow? Shouldnt we have the option?

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So for me it was the same issue but at home when playing over WiFi. If I turned off WiFi Pandora would play just fine,

My issue was an incompatibility issue between Apple Extreme Router and Cox Cable and IPV6. Once I disabled IPV6, all is well now. Gremlins abound

Rick

steveewatson

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Does iHeartradio stop loading, or keeps stopping on you, or freezing up? If your memory is full DO NOT UNINSTALL! Your phone might force you to clear other apps before allowing you to reinstall, and that process is mostly unnecessary anyway. Simply go to your SETTINGS app, then go to APPS within SETTINGS, click the iHeartradio icon and clear the iHeartradio CACHE and FORCE STOP. You should not have to clear out your iHeartradio data unless this does not work. After CLEARING YOUR CACHE and FORCE STOPPING, then restart your phone. Open the app and sign back up. Your original data settings will still be there unless you have cleared out your data.