Note 5 gallery stopped working after MM 6.0 update

mhtsang

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday morning, after I did the Marshmellow update, my Verizon note 5 keep getting a error message "Unfortunately, gallery has stopped" and force closed. Does anyone experience this problem?
Right now, I can only see my pictures through camera or other application. This is not good. I can't get to my album. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday morning, after I did the Marshmellow update, my Verizon note 5 keep getting a error message "Unfortunately, gallery has stopped" and force closed. Does anyone experience this problem?
Right now, I can only see my pictures through camera or other application. This is not good. I can't get to my album. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App
Try clearing data in applications/Gallery and hit storage from gallery and there clear data.

fel

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So, here's a little more to the story as I, like the original poster, am having the same issue.

I've completed the wipe of cache and data via the Gallery app, and the gallery will open up afterward---- HOWEVER, if I switch the viewing type to "Albums" instead of events, etc., the app will instantly force close. Then will not open again unless I wipe the cache and data again. So it appears to be something related to the albums.

Sooooo... any other suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz