When I had the Note 4 and I believe the Note 4 Edge, I was able to use the stock sms to send my location. I see with the Note 5 that's not an option. I see it as an option in WhatsApp but I'd like a regular non Web based sms app I can use that'll send the location. Sending by WhatsApp the other people need to have that app to get the messages

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-04-2016 12:23 PM
    Not sure if it's been removed as an option or not but you can always try a 3rd party messaging app that has a direct access to share location (I use Textra and it doesn't have one; Hangouts has it for their own messages, not sure if the option is still there if you use it for texting, though).

Also, you can open Maps and share your location from there directly into the messaging app (or any app that supports sharing, really).
    05-04-2016 12:36 PM
    When I had the Note 4 and I believe the Note 4 Edge, I was able to use the stock sms to send my location. I see with the Note 5 that's not an option. I see it as an option in WhatsApp but I'd like a regular non Web based sms app I can use that'll send the location. Sending by WhatsApp the other people need to have that app to get the messages

What carrier? I have location in my stock app on Verizon

SpookDroid likes this.
    05-04-2016 01:16 PM
    sending location via message-uploadfromtaptalk1462390329473.jpg
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-04-2016 02:32 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and I don't have location under the "other" section. All I have listed is image, video, audio, voice recorder, s note, calendar contacts and cloud server.
    05-04-2016 05:14 PM
    I highly recommend switching to Google messenger. It replaces your texting app and it's much smoother. It looks great, and you can send location from it

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    05-05-2016 08:53 AM
    Looks like T-Mobile doesn't offer that for some reason.

I also have made the switch to Google Messenger a while back and loved it. For a stock like feeling from a third-party app, Google Messenger is the way to go
    05-05-2016 09:55 AM
    Yes I have tmobile too and it's not in the stock option. I'll check out some other message apps

05-05-2016 10:25 AM
    That option to send option straight from google maps worked great thanks!

SpookDroid likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:29 AM
    Not sure if it's been removed as an option or not but you can always try a 3rd party messaging app that has a direct access to share location (I use Textra and it doesn't have one; Hangouts has it for their own messages, not sure if the option is still there if you use it for texting, though).

Also, you can open Maps and share your location from there directly into the messaging app (or any app that supports sharing, really).
    How do you do this?

05-05-2016 10:53 AM
    I like the stock app for its ability to use .you photos as the background without adds etc. Going to Google map to share lotion occasionally is great

05-05-2016 10:55 AM
    How do you do this?

You just open Maps, tap on your location and a SHARE button will be on the address card that shows up at the bottom of the screen. From there, just select your messaging app of choice.
    TJA3500 likes this.
    05-05-2016 11:25 AM