For the past 3 yrs or so I've been a diehard WP user. I've owned every premium WP multiple times (920, 1030, 1520, 930) and really liked them. I could go on and on about WP but the pluses and minuses of WP. The short of the story is that after a while the lack of apps got me. In the world of WP, we were always told (by those who went off into the land of Android or iOS) that the other competitors apps were not that great. So not true (I mean really not true--even the MS are better on Android)

I learned for myself just how much better Android is over WP when I got the Note 5. Man this phone is sweet. And while I'm open to trying an iPhone (yes...I've never owned one) Android on Note 5 is simply amazing. The S Pen feature is such a life saver (I do lots of writing and public speaking so its' great for taking quick notes/ideas). WTF was I doing with WP for so long.

No question here...just sharing. Thanks
    turp415, JenTDOT, beh and 4 others like this.
    05-06-2016 09:58 PM
    I used to be a Windows Phone die hard also until the app situation got worse and Nokia along with Windows Phone began sinking ship after Microsoft bought there mobile division.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-07-2016 04:47 AM
    Interesting post. I always wanted to try windows phone. The design, OS and company in general made me curious as to how it would work on mobile. It seems like it would be seamless. Guess not. I don't have the Note 5, I have the 4 but I know what you mean. It's an incredibly capable device that just works. It's not really missing anything... At all. In my opinion, all those other smart phones out there are missing one thing for me to be willing to try them... A built in pen like the Note. I can't do without it.

beh and Byrese like this.
    05-07-2016 06:32 AM
    Interesting post. I always wanted to try windows phone. The design, OS and company in general made me curious as to how it would work on mobile. It seems like it would be seamless. Guess not. I don't have the Note 5, I have the 4 but I know what you mean. It's an incredibly capable device that just works. It's not really missing anything... At all. In my opinion, all those other smart phones out there are missing one thing for me to be willing to try them... A built in pen like the Note. I can't do without it.

Trust me when I tell you that all the MS apps work better on android and iOS than they do on WP.
    faith3935 likes this.
    05-07-2016 10:33 PM
    Trust me when I tell you that all the MS apps work better on android and iOS than they do on WP.
    Oh yes. Far more better. The lack of Google support on Windows Phone was a huge deal breaker for me.

05-08-2016 01:45 PM
    I'm glad you're enjoying your experience with Android. I left Windows Phone over a year ago, and I don't miss it at all.
    05-08-2016 02:13 PM
    This is truly, madly, deeply....... Really really, really sad.

05-08-2016 08:32 PM
    For the past 3 yrs or so I've been a diehard WP user. I've owned every premium WP multiple times (920, 1030, 1520, 930) and really liked them. I could go on and on about WP but the pluses and minuses of WP. The short of the story is that after a while the lack of apps got me. In the world of WP, we were always told (by those who went off into the land of Android or iOS) that the other competitors apps were not that great. So not true (I mean really not true--even the MS are better on Android)

I learned for myself just how much better Android is over WP when I got the Note 5. Man this phone is sweet. And while I'm open to trying an iPhone (yes...I've never owned one) Android on Note 5 is simply amazing. The S Pen feature is such a life saver (I do lots of writing and public speaking so its' great for taking quick notes/ideas). WTF was I doing with WP for so long.

The lack of the "back" button on IOS is a big deal for me. I could never go back to an iPhone unless that button was there.
    novice likes this.
    05-11-2016 12:31 PM
    The S Pen feature is such a life saver (I do lots of writing and public speaking so its' great for taking quick notes/ideas). WTF was I doing with WP for so long.

So I'm curious, what apps are you using to take quick notes & jot down ideas?

The reason I'm asking is, my Note 5 is my secondary device, iPhone has been and always will be my primary device. That being said, I specifically chose the Note 5 because of the S Pen. For now, I'm using the built-in note app, and it's working pretty well.

I seriously wish iOS would integrate that ability into the next version, or at least make it as simple and as fluid as it is on the Note 5.

_-Technologytwitt-_
    05-21-2016 07:08 PM