Hello anyone using a Asus zenwatch 2 with there Note 5? What's it like? I ordered a Zenwatch 2 to replace a Pebble Time Round due to it being defective and the fact I want a smartwatch with a speaker.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2016 01:42 PM
    My wife uses one daily and she loves it..just so you know there are two types of the Zenwatch 2. One comes with a speaker the other does not.

05-09-2016 11:22 PM
    Sweet. I ordered the one with a speaker since I like to keep my Note5 in my wallet. I almost pulled the trigger on the Gear S2 3G but I'm not a big fan of Tizen and the fact there aren't a wide selection of straps.

05-10-2016 07:18 AM
    I got the zenwatch 2 around 5 months ago. It's pretty good. I will say that about every other week I get a freeze up for a minute where I need to pull out my phone.
    When you get it, I recommend not using zenwatch designer because I've found that pujie black is a far better watch face app.

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    05-10-2016 02:58 PM
    I got the zenwatch 2 around 5 months ago. It's pretty good. I will say that about every other week I get a freeze up for a minute where I need to pull out my phone.
    When you get it, I recommend not using zenwatch designer because I've found that pujie black is a far better watch face app.

Sweet. How is the built in speaker? Also which bands would you recommend for it?

bbqwings2 likes this.
    05-10-2016 03:35 PM
    I have the stock rubber band and 2 metal ones. I also bought a leather one, but it was really cheap and I probably won't use it again.
    Make sure you only get quick release bands (or the new Google ones). Even though they are more expensive it's worth it. My crappy leather band took me a while to take it off.
    The speaker is OK. I don't use it much. The issue that I have is that I wear the watch on my left arm and sometimes my shirt really muffles the sound. I've only ever used it for talking on the phone.

05-10-2016 04:32 PM
    Sweet. How is the built in speaker? Also which bands would you recommend for it?

I sold my ZenWatch 1 to get a ZenWatch 2 for the speaker, and for me, it was a waste. The only time my speaker ever makes noise is when I place it on the charger. I had to turn off the phone features because they are so poorly implemented that they are worthless. Here is the problem, and its an android problem, that might someday get fixed. You cannot designate the priority of the bluetooth devices. So if you are connected to a bluetooth device, you cannot seamlessly connect to another one.

I have an earpiece, my car and my watch. The watch takes over the bluetooth telephone connection whenever it is on...always.... so in order to use my earpiece or my car connection, I have to go in to my phone and manually turn off the watch phone connection. Then when I am done, I need to manually turn the watch connection back on. (Not the LE bluetooth connection with the notifications, it isn't effected). If they would allow you to set priority connections, I would give my car #1, my earpiece #2 and then my watch #3. So if I am not in my car, or have my earpiece on, I could use my watch speaker....alas, that isn't how it works in android.

Having said all of that, I LOVE the rest of the watch. The only real issue (other than above) is that there is a lag. I can usually see who is calling from my phone, before I can see it pop up on my watch. It starts to vibrate right away, but it doesn't wake up the device and show me the caller, until just before it rolls to voice mail. I am sure there is an answer to that, but I haven't done much looking into it yet.
    05-11-2016 07:46 AM
    I have the stock rubber band and 2 metal ones. I also bought a leather one, but it was really cheap and I probably won't use it again.
    Make sure you only get quick release bands (or the new Google ones). Even though they are more expensive it's worth it. My crappy leather band took me a while to take it off.
    The speaker is OK. I don't use it much. The issue that I have is that I wear the watch on my left arm and sometimes my shirt really muffles the sound. I've only ever used it for talking on the phone.

Does you know of any small metal bands besides the mesh bands?

05-11-2016 10:40 AM