I recently moved over from iPhone to Android and I have to say I am really impressed with my Samsung Galaxy Note 5. The more I learn about it the more I enjoy it. However I was surprised to learn that earbuds that I'd used on the iPhone were not so great on the Android (in that the volume control doesn't work). So I'm shopping around for a great set of earbuds. The ones I got with the phone are not bad but they don't fit comfortably and the sound quality is not ideal. I am interested in hearing recommendations for earbuds for Android that have in-line controls (answering & disconnecting calls, pause, and volume), comfortable snug fit, and good sound quality. I listen to music and podcasts and, while I am not one who needs concert hall quality sound, I do want clarity and crispness as well as strong bass). I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
    05-09-2016 01:26 PM
    Yeah, iPhone headphones are not compatible because they use a different wiring/protocol for that control (once upon a time Samsung headphones were compatible with iStuff and viceversa, but I think since the S4 things changed).

MobileNations has a few suggestions, and while not all have the in-line controls, they should work.
    The best in-ear headphones | iMore

Personally, I still like the ones that ship with Samsung phones, but yeah, I prefer the ones from pre-Note 5 phones because of the in-ear design. But still not terrible. Actually, the ones that ship with the S7/S7 Edge got pretty good reviews.

Also, I'm using LG's Tone wireless headphones and they have pretty good sound, but they're BT ones, not wired. Same thing goes for Samsung's Level-U ones; I don't own a pair, but I've used them and they're pretty good, albeit a bit expensive.
    05-09-2016 01:35 PM
    One of the great features of Android OS and Samsung phones is that you don't need to be physically attached to your phone for sound. The use of BlueTooth earbuds and headphones allows much more convenience and and a much larger selection of sound devices including portable speakers.
    05-09-2016 10:27 PM
    I have 4 pairs of different model LG Bluetooth headphones. They're great for phone calls and I use them at the office and while driving. But (in my opinion) they have no bass and are unusable for music and even podcasts.

For everything else I used wired Bose ear buds which run generally between $100-130 w/a microphone.

I'm aware that Bose is not for everyone. I have an audiophile buddy who is fond of saying "No highs, no lows, it's Bose." For me the quality is indistinguishable from units costing twice as much.
    05-11-2016 11:37 PM
    The best cheaper in-ear headphones I've ever owned were the older Samsung headphones that came with my Note 4. You can find them for around $10 online and or the next best thing is skullcandy. They are a bit more in price but holy cow they are amazing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2016 10:48 AM
    Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate it. I found a set of Senheiser sport earphones (Sennheiser CX 686G SPORTS - Sport In-Ear Headphones (with Microphone) - for running, jogging, workouts, gym, aerobic) that fit remarkably well and provide decent sound quality. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
    05-18-2016 10:41 AM