10-15-2018 08:20 PM
65 123
tools
    Hi. I had the same problem a month ago but got it working. Don't use all the time. Tried last night and it wasn't working again which is why I came here to look for a fix. Went thru most except master resets. Still not working. Since rooting s7 have lots of apps lol and yea I tinker a bit lol. But the only thing I changed that I could remember was in a battery app I have. So I turned all the settings when to turn on. When charging wired. USB connect. Wireless.I turned them all off. And when to turn off I changed to always... Fixed the prob wireless works fine. Turned off daydream as that didn't work. Turned of NFC as that didn't work. Both 1amp and 2amp charges work for wireless. Mine is a slow wireless charge. I don't know why or what the battery app settings did to affect it as I am a noob at android but hoping you all may figure it.... Keep up the great post guys and gals very helpful for us noobs lol.......
    12-02-2016 04:37 PM
    [...]

But this is not all.

2. Cable! After successful testing with my multimeter cable I plug Nokia charger with regular Samsung USB cable. And it stopped working. I don’t know how it possible to ****up with USB cable, and what can be wrong with such simplest thing, but it is the cause. (Wire diameters? Resistance? Short circuited data wires? I don’t know.) I’ve checked 5 different cables, and only 6-th worked! (I think this was form original Nokia charger, but I doubt – they all black.) Ok, another, expensive USB cable worked, but it was cable I’ve bought for my headphones. And almost all of them worked as direct USB chargers! But not with wireless charger!
    So, solution is simple. If you meet this problem – check your charger and cable. I don’t want to cut them, check resistance and wires diameters, but I think problem is somewhere there.
    Thank you! A cable switch (the first micro USB cable I tried) is what worked for me (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, which is practically the Note 5). It's an 18" cable instead of the nearly 4-foot OEM cable.

My OEM (bought from Verizon) Samsung combination of fast wireless charger pad, fast charging adapter, and micro-USB cable worked fine all summer at a summer house. In my main house, it worked one day, but only in the third outlet I tried. Today, in that same outlet, nothing except an initial green - blue - green one-time sequence of blinking lights followed by no light, or no lights at all. The phone's display showed no charging of the phone, neither fast nor slow.

I'm happy that it's just the cable, which are plentiful in most homes. The OEM pad and adapter work fine. The best possible outcome, that the cheapest, most ubiquitous part is all that's defective.

I had the same reaction, so I'll just quote you again:
    I don’t know how it possible to ****up with USB cable
    12-08-2016 07:14 PM
    I just received my Samsung 7 Edge and my wireless Samsung charger yesterday. When the phone is vertical and centered it works great, when I put it horizontally, it was a bit tricky. You have to off set it - to the right - more to the right, so that it is NOT centered. I just watched a video - play by play - on how to change the battery - yes you CAN change the battery, but it takes many tools, heating things and Exacto knives and whatnot. The reason I watched was to find out exactly where the battery was located, well, come to find out, it is rectangular and, basically runs the full length of the phone. That aside, you just need to again, offset it, and it will stop blinking. The battery covers, almost, all the area below the camera lens on the back, for perspective.
    12-09-2016 04:11 AM
    I have 3 charges and the same thing happens on all 3. It does work with my S7Edge with them I tried wipe cache partition-restart-Re did connections on all three. It ain't the chargers and why did this all of a sudden happen. Did anyone call Samsung. The instructions does not make sense because not the chargers. They all are OEM Samsung Fast Chargers. They all have worked for year
    Drives me nuts hate to plug in.
    12-09-2016 07:05 PM
    I have 3 charges and the same thing happens on all 3. It does work with my S7Edge with them I tried wipe cache partition-restart-Re did connections on all three. It ain't the chargers and why did this all of a sudden happen. Did anyone call Samsung. The instructions does not make sense because not the chargers. They all are OEM Samsung Fast Chargers. They all have worked for year
    Drives me nuts hate to plug in.
    Have you tried Vlad's suggestion to swap cables? It worked for me (see two posts above yours). Yes it sounds strange that top-tier manufacturer Samsung would supply wonky micro-USB cables.
    12-10-2016 03:53 PM
    My problem is weirder still, and any help is can get would be helpful.

On our new wireless fast charge stand, my wife's 6Edge won't charge buto MY 6Edge will! I have an Otter Case and she has a much thinner case. ANY suggestions anyone?
    12-26-2016 12:33 PM
    OK. It took me a while to find a solution to this problem. Here it is from my service tech. It is not the pad, it is the phone.
    Try wiping the system cache and then do the master reset.

For firmware-related charging issues, it’s always advisable to delete the system cache first. Corrupt caches may affect the hardware as well and may hinder charging. There have been so many reports that wiping the cache partition fixed power and charging-related issues. Therefore, it’s worth doing it and here’s how…

Turn off your Galaxy Note 5.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
    When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.

I tried this and it works. I now have no problem doing a fast wireless charge.

Thank you! About to lose it until I googled a fix and found this post! I have 3 fast wireless chargers (2 at home and 1 at work) and all of them kept pausing with my Note 5 after 10 seconds I put them on the wireless chargers. It worked if I remove the case but this is not a viable work around for me. I did the wipe cache partition steps and so far so good! Thanks again.
    12-26-2016 04:06 PM
    My problem is weirder still, and any help is can get would be helpful.

On our new wireless fast charge stand, my wife's 6Edge won't charge buto MY 6Edge will! I have an Otter Case and she has a much thinner case. ANY suggestions anyone?
    Did you try charging hers without the case to make sure it's not the phone?
    12-27-2016 06:51 AM
    Use the slow samsung charger or the samsung slow charging plug on the fast charging stand you will only achieve slow charge but 50 percent of something is better than 100 percent of nothing
    12-28-2016 12:07 AM
    I have otterbox on my note five and use the slow charging pad or the slow charging plug on a fadt charging pad
    12-28-2016 12:14 AM
    Best solution is the slow charger or the slow charger plug on fast charging stand
    12-28-2016 12:16 AM
    Ok, the fix was short lived. My Note 5 will not wirelessly fast charge! It still pauses! I have a Spigen CF backed case that is low profile and it used to be able to fast charge without any issues. Now it pauses 5 seconds after I put it on the fast wireless dock. Is there something going on with this phone lately? If i use a different plug it can wireless charge but lose fast charging option. This sucks!
    12-30-2016 06:17 PM
    I have 4 of these chargers, two note 5's, and a S7 edge and have no issues.

Sounds like a bad batch or two.
    12-31-2016 06:23 AM
    Amazon is under pressure to certify cables as a high % fail and do not meet standard for data and charging.
    01-01-2017 12:57 PM
    Cache partition wipe did not fix mine. Still connecting & disconnecting constantly.
    01-11-2017 12:41 PM
    I have Spigen changing stand with Samsung fast charge cables connected. This configuration worked like a champ for a long time (~9 months). Then I noticed that the LED at the bottom of hte charger would start alternating BLUE/RED/BLUE/RED and the phone would DISCHARGE overnight. This happened intermittently -- I finally just pulled the cord and connected it directly to the phone. Less convenient, but it works. After a couple days, I plugged the cable back into the Spigen charging stand and wireless charging worked as it should. After a few days, though, it would again go into discharge, with phone (Note5) turned off and 0% battery in the morning. Went back to charging directly from the cable.

On a different Spigen charging stand (same model) I placed the phone to charge while doing computer work. I noticed I did NOT get the "charging" notification, so I watched closely and saw the Battery drop about 1 % per minute while on the charging stand. Same action as with the other charging stand -- removed the Samsung cable from teh charging stand and plugged directly to the phone. Fast charge proceeded as expected.

[Scratches head.] No idea what is causing the intermittent charge or discharge behavior. Any suggestions?
    01-11-2017 05:16 PM
    I just purchased a used Note 5. I was having the same issue with the Samsung inductive charging plate (model EP-PG920a) using the Samsung charger and Cable. I have a Spigen case on it. So I figured it was due to the case. For yucks and giggles I tried my iPad Air charger. Wow! I don't know why but no issues al all. Charged to 100% and then shut off. Maybe it outputs more power than the Samsung.

Also, the battery isn't that great at holding a charge. Don't know if it's because it's a used phone or a system update that some people have mentioned. The phone (black ugh!) but is in pristine condition.
    01-12-2017 04:43 PM
    I bought this piece of junk with reward points. Does exactly what others are saying. Brand new. I thought my phone battery was bad because it would be dead at noon. Realized my brand new "fast charger" was only charging for about 2 minutes and stops.
    Bought directly from samsung.
    01-13-2017 06:40 AM
    I took the suggestion of some people on the forum. My N5 after a full charge would be down to 75% after only an hour of just sitting on the counter. I let it discharge to all the way. Then recharged Fully. It took 2'15" to charge. After an hour and a half it was down to 88%. Good improvement but could be better, but much better than when I purchased it, used a week ago. 14 hours later it was at 45%. I have purchased a battery to replace down the road it it gets bad again.
    01-14-2017 08:34 AM

[Scratches head.] No idea what is causing the intermittent charge or discharge behavior. Any suggestions?
    Please try Vlad's "swap out the cable" suggestion, and report back. I believe I had similar symptoms with the Samsung OEM stand, though I've forgotten now the exact details. Don't assume the cable is good for supplying enough charging oomph to the stand just because it works in other applications (I just tried my bad cable on a PC to connect a phone and it worked for that application). Costs nothing but a minute or two of your time. Try at least two cables, especially shorter ones (I found a longer one that worked). It fixed Vlad's and my charging stands.
    01-17-2017 10:23 AM
    I tried the cable from my Note 4 which is now up for sale. It's the only other Samsung phone charging cable I have. The same issue. Using ether cable (Note 4 or 5) and the charging pad, it only worked with my iPad Air Charger with ether of these cables plugged into it. Didn't work with the Note 4 of 5 Samsung Fast charge, charger.
    01-17-2017 01:54 PM
    I'm not sure of all what Vlad spoke of, but what I gathered from it was to unplug the charger from my surge protector and then plug it into the wall. Wah-lah!

Thanks, Vlad!
    01-20-2017 10:10 PM
    Hey..I'm new to Android central. As said by Vlad Kollerov, you should try to change to your cable and make sure that you are plugging your wireless charger directly into the wall socket. I just figured it out that plugging my wireless charger into a socket board with multiple outlets will not let me charge my phone. My laptop adaptor was connected to the socket next to my wireless charger's..My phone stopped charging and the light was blinking until i disconnected my charger and plugged into the outlet directly. My guess is that it other appliances consume more power and the wireless pad stops working.
    Hope it helps for someone.
    01-25-2017 01:21 PM
    My son bought me one for Christmas and i have the same exact problem! Sometimes it charges beautifully, and other times it keeps pausing. Simetimes it charges through my case protector. Other times i have to take the back of the case off.
    02-08-2017 06:02 AM
    I have an S7 Edge and mine just started the pausing and blinking thing about a week ago. It doesn't happen every time I charge, but I'm up to about 50% now. I only see this going down hill from here. Nothing I have tried is fixing it.
    02-28-2017 08:18 AM
65 123