10-15-2018 08:20 PM
65 123
tools
    Tylt wireless charger...[/thread]
    02-28-2017 10:22 AM
    I kinda accidentally found a gix for this bug. I call it a bug because the wireless charging stand is in actual fact not faulty at all.

I just left my Note 5 to charge sideways on the wireless charging stand and it stopped blinking on me after that. If you try to place your phone standing upright, you can actually see that most of the phone back area is above the charging area. If you place it sideways you can adjust yiur ohone to be in the centre. Well at least it worked for me which led me to this conclusion.
    yo jonathanfung...

Thanks a lootttttttt man!!!!!!!

Simple solution worked wonder

Hats off to you for sharing!!!!

@jonathanfung
    03-07-2017 02:05 AM
    Interesting findings (and confusing), below is the observation i made with S7 edge. This shows the Samsung Wireless Fast Charger is choosy on the wall charger and cable used.

Two wireless fast chargers are used:-
    1) Samsung wireless fast charger (I have 3, all yield exactly same result)
    2) Dodocool wireless fast charger 10W (for car)

Three wall and two car chargers are put into the test:-
    1) Samsung adaptive wall charger
    2) Aukey QC 3.0 wall charger ( i have 3 different models of Aukey QC 3.0 wall charger, all same result)
    3) Common 2V wall charger
    4) Aukey QC 3.0 car charger
    5) Ventev QC 2.0 car charger

Six USB cables are used:-
    1) S7 edge original cable
    2) Aukey original cable (i have more than 10 of these)
    3) Asus Padfone2 cable
    4) Ventev cable
    5) Dodocool cable
    6) Unknown brand generic cable

RESULTS for Samsung Wireless Fast Charger:-
    1) Samsung adaptive wall charger
    • + S7 cable = perfect
    • + Aukey cable = perfect
    • + Asus cable = perfect
    • + Ventev cable = perfect
    • + Dodocool cable = perfect
    • + unknown cable = normal speed charge only, working good

2) Aukey QC 3.0 wall charger
    • + S7 cable = perfect
    • + Aukey cable = fast charging paused !? (< 5% success rate if repeating try with different orientation)
    • + Asus cable = perfect
    • + Ventev cable = fast charging paused

3) Common 2V charger or Aukey AIO charging port
    - All cables normal speed charging only, working good

4) & 5) Aukey QC 3.0 & Ventev QC 2.0 car charger
    • + S7 cable = perfect
    • + Aukey cable = fast charging paused
    • + Asus cable = perfect
    • + Ventev cable = fast charging paused

RESULTS for Dodocool Wireless Fast Charger:-
    All Samsung and QC compatible charger (wall and car) work perfectly with all cables except for unknown cable. Common 2V charger do only normal speed charging.

Samsung Wireless Fast Charger is best compatible with its own adaptive charger and the original cable. It works with QC compatible wall (or car) charger too but choosy on cable.

Dodocool Wireless Fast Charger has very good compatibility with Adaptive and QC wall +car charger, not choosy on cable.

Aukey is quite famous brand, the cable looks so exclusive and solid but was rejected by Samsung Fast Wireless Charger...? hehe...

Common 2.0V or even higher voltage charger will not fast charge wirelessly regardless of cable used.
    03-13-2017 12:39 AM
    This just started happening on my Note 5 and I was able to fix it by enabling the Daydream screensaver as someone mentioned above.

My only change is that I set it to use Daydream whenever my phone was docked instead of charging in order to keep my screen off while using my fast wireless charging stand. No longer an issue. Thanks for the suggestion!!
    03-19-2017 01:49 PM
    "changed usb cable to wireless charging pad"

Hi,
    I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, I am currently using the stand up wireless pad from my S7 edge to charge it, at the beginning I was getting the wireless charging paused message, my solution to the problem was to change the usb cable that connects to the wireless charging pad sometimes the micro usb is too loose and it fails, when you plug it into the pad make sure the micro usb has a tight fit and it should work. It worked for me.
    04-20-2017 10:07 PM
    I just received my Samsung 7 Edge and my wireless Samsung charger yesterday. When the phone is vertical and centered it works great, when I put it horizontally, it was a bit tricky. You have to off set it - to the right - more to the right, so that it is NOT centered. I just watched a video - play by play - on how to change the battery - yes you CAN change the battery, but it takes many tools, heating things and Exacto knives and whatnot. The reason I watched was to find out exactly where the battery was located, well, come to find out, it is rectangular and, basically runs the full length of the phone. That aside, you just need to again, offset it, and it will stop blinking. The battery covers, almost, all the area below the camera lens on the back, for perspective.
    This works for me everytime. I have a galaxy S7 and I thought "paused charging" had to do with the Samsung wireless Charger stand. For those still having issues with the charging, they should try shifting the phone to the right of the charger. Thanks.
    05-02-2017 07:22 PM
    I kinda accidentally found a gix for this bug. I call it a bug because the wireless charging stand is in actual fact not faulty at all.

I just left my Note 5 to charge sideways on the wireless charging stand and it stopped blinking on me after that. If you try to place your phone standing upright, you can actually see that most of the phone back area is above the charging area. If you place it sideways you can adjust yiur ohone to be in the centre. Well at least it worked for me which led me to this conclusion.
    Can you post a photo of what you mean by this? Is this the angled charging stand? I have a flat one with the same issues. Placing it sideways on the charging stand of my wife's does not help.
    05-22-2017 09:35 AM
    I found the solution for my Note 5 that would always pause charging wirelessly and then the
    blue blinking light.
    I tried all the sollutions online people suggested but none worked.
    The one that did work for me was clearing the cache. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.

Hope it works for you.
    08-22-2017 07:06 PM
    I found the solution for my Note 5 that would always pause charging wirelessly and then the
    blue blinking light.
    I tried all the sollutions online people suggested but none worked.
    The one that did work for me was clearing the cache. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.

Hope it works for you.

Ok, tried the cache cleaning, 2x, no change. The fix for my TYLT wireless charger was to move the phone off the center line by 1/4". SO WEIRD, but IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY. Not sure WHY the phone suddenly decided to not work with this and a Samsung wireless charger, but it had, so this WORKS!
    11-09-2017 02:10 PM
    Ok. I thunk I've figured out the general issue with these small/fast wireless charging pads from samsung.

They are somehow not greeting proper current/voltage. I hooked up my pad using a Aukey fast wireless
    Charger with an older samsung fast charge usb cable. (I swear they put the standard cables from left over slow chargers into these kits. (I mean a white cord on a mostly black pad and black wall plug? ) Plus that cord is a dead ringer for my galaxy s4.

I could get my note 8 to charge fast wirelessly with the white cable but I had to play "hit 'c' spot" and some times it took to long. I bet if you cut the cable in half and spliced it back together with half R you would get better results. Or try another fast charge cable you know doesn't go winky.

(email removed by Moderator)
    12-19-2017 02:47 AM
    Mod Note, please do not post your email address on this public forum
    12-19-2017 08:15 AM
    Invariably when I plug in my S8+ or Samsung Galaxy Book I get the message to plug in my fast charger that came with the device. Problem is I'm using the fast charger that came with the device.
    12-19-2017 08:31 AM
    My Samsung model EP-PN920 wireless charger (the flat hockey puck looking thing) worked flawlessly for two years, reliably charging my Samsung Note 5 phone from Jan, 2016 to Jan, 2018. Then I began experiencing the blinking blue light and the cessation of charging. I thought that maybe the problem was caused by the Jan 1, 2018 software update, so I began charging the phone via USB, and waited for the next update….which arrived, but the problem remained. I removed the fairly thick rubber cover I use (the liner from an OtterBox Commuter Cell Phone Case) from the phone, and the wireless charging problem went away. Hmmm, seems like there’s something impeding the current between the charger and the phone. What could have changed, I wondered. Unable to think of anything else, and doubting it would make a difference, I used a damp cloth to wipe the top of the charger, dried it, and waited for about 15 minutes. Then I put the rubber Otter case liner back on the phone, put the phone on the charger, and it’s worked great ever since! (I guess there must have been two years’ worth of dust on the charger, though the shiny white surface hid it well….ouch, I’m a embarrassingly lousy housekeeper, lol.)
    03-14-2018 07:12 AM
    I believe that the wireless charger receiver attached to the battery could be at fault for this issue, if you can plug in a wired cable and it works fine. If you can barely do both it's a software issue. Honestly, I believe it's both but it depends on the model of Samsung and your service provider. I had a note 5(by AT&T) and it was the the wireless reciever module. I got a Note 8 and it was a software issue(after upgrading to Verizon). Here is a reference on how wireless chargers work: https://www.computerworld.com/articl...s-it-work.html
    04-08-2018 02:00 AM
    I have had the same issue and was ready to throw the wireless pad in the trash, but I tried to make it work one more time and BAM! I figured it out!!! I picked up the pad while having my phone upright in my hand. I put the pad up against the phone while holding them both upright. The phone started charging...and didn't pause. I held it for a few minutes that way, trying to think of a way to charge it upright. I couldn't figure out a way to do it, so I just laid it down...and it kept charging. If you keep them pressed together then I lay it onto a flat surface keeping them pressed together, it will keep charging without pausing. I have done this for several days and its charged no problem. How BIZARRE is that? But it worked!!!
    10-15-2018 08:20 PM
65 123