Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Stand Pauses!

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I have two Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Stands and every time i put my note5 on it it will charge with a solid blue light for about 7-10 seconds and then it will stop charging with the blue light on the charger blinking. The screen will also pop up a message saying "wireless charging paused."
I have tried placing the phone in the charger upright and on its side to no avail.
I have tried using different fast charging plugs and cables. I have even tried better cables and it doesn't work. I have also tried using the screen saver option in the display settings and that doesn't work.
The other day I bought a shorter fast charging cable and it charged for about 5 minutes and then paused. And I haven't been able to replicate that since, it just pauses after 7-10 seconds.
I now use a regular charging plug and it does slow charge but it will not fast charge.
I do have several regular (slow) charging pads and stands around the house and they all work with the phone.

I think this all started with the T-mobile marshmallow update if i remember correctly so I'm not sure if it is the charger itself or the phone. I suspect it is a software issue but I have no idea.

Any help will be appreciated.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I started having trouble after the marshmallow update on my verizon.

I had the flat samsung fast wireless charger that i bought in January. First it stopped working on my note5, doing the same thing you mentioned. I bought the angled one and it wont work for me w any case and im not taking my case off just to charge the phone.

As much as i thought it was a note5 6.0 problem, my flat wireless fast charger, it messes up on other phones as well. My droid turbo will show its charging but the battery percentage doesn't go up.

Im still trying to figure what the problem is.. i would hate to think that a name brand 70 dollar charger will only last 4 months..

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I emailed Samsung and this was their response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Samsung Technical Support. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

It must be inconvenient as you are experiencing issues with Wireless charging pad as such charging phone for 7-10 seconds then blue LED light blinks and stops charging. I will assist you with all the possible troubleshooting information to get the issue fixed.

Please perform the below troubleshooting steps and check for the result.
1. Verify that the Charging adaptor connected to the Wireless charger is a 2.0 amp charging adaptor.
2. Place the phone in correct position on the charging pad without case/covers.
3. Check all physical connections.
a. Ensure the wall charger is plugged in completely in to the wall outlet and that it is secure.
b. Ensure the USB cable is plugged securely in to the charger (if applicable).
c. Ensure the charger plugs completely in to the charging port on the device and is free from damage and debris.
e. Inspect the device terminal connectors to ensure they are not missing, bent, or broken.

To isolate whether the issue is with the phone or the Wireless charging pad, we request you to charge the phone on an alternate Wireless charging pad and check for the result.

If the phone works fine on alternate Wireless charging pad, the issue could be with the Wireless charging pad that you have purchased and if the issue persists even with an alternate Wireless charging pad the issue could be with the phone.

If the issue is with the Wireless charging pad, you may contact the place of purchase or Voice support team and check for the available options.

Obviously, I did all this and the issue is still there. I have access to an S7 Edge which I'll try tonight and see if the same things occurs with that phone.

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I tried an S7 Edge and that worked on the Fast Wireless Charging Stand so that leaves me to believe that it is a software (Marshmallow) issue. I remember that it worked when it was on Lollipop. I wonder if a Factory Reset would do anything but i really don't want to go that route.

I tired it without a case on it and no difference.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Samsung's wireless charging pads are all janky. I've had nothing but problems with them. They all stop charging and flash blue. Nobody can seem to fix it. Nice job.

qvox

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Is that it? The wireless stands are buggy? Mine worked great for about 3 days. Now every time I put it on the stand I get the bubble message "Wireless Charging Paused", and the blue light starts blinking. Sometimes it will try to re-engage a few times, but each time "Wireless Charging Paused", and nothing.

I've very disappointed.

jonathanfung

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I kinda accidentally found a gix for this bug. I call it a bug because the wireless charging stand is in actual fact not faulty at all.

I just left my Note 5 to charge sideways on the wireless charging stand and it stopped blinking on me after that. If you try to place your phone standing upright, you can actually see that most of the phone back area is above the charging area. If you place it sideways you can adjust yiur ohone to be in the centre. Well at least it worked for me which led me to this conclusion.

qvox

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
My solution was another warranty claim through AT&T. After taking the phone to the AT&T store, working with their reps, who finally recommended that I take it to a "Samsung expert" at Best Buy, and then making a 611 call to AT&T I now have my THIRD Samsung Galaxy Note 5. What scares me a little is the fact that I usually like to keep my phones 2-3 years, and my warranty will run out in December. This phone is working fine. ...for now. But the other two worked fine for a time.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I kinda accidentally found a gix for this bug. I call it a bug because the wireless charging stand is in actual fact not faulty at all.

I just left my Note 5 to charge sideways on the wireless charging stand and it stopped blinking on me after that. If you try to place your phone standing upright, you can actually see that most of the phone back area is above the charging area. If you place it sideways you can adjust yiur ohone to be in the centre. Well at least it worked for me which led me to this conclusion.

An excellent point. If the phones wireless charging coil and the wireless charger coil are not aligned then charging is spotty at best. Thanks for reminding us all of this rather obvious but often forgotten requirement.

the gibsonator

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I tried an S7 Edge and that worked on the Fast Wireless Charging Stand so that leaves me to believe that it is a software (Marshmallow) issue. I remember that it worked when it was on Lollipop. I wonder if a Factory Reset would do anything but i really don't want to go that route.

I tired it without a case on it and no difference.

Don't do a factory reset. It didn't fix the pausing so it's probably the marshmallow update. On the bright side I regained a lot of storage space.

Ridger Wolf

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issues with my NEW Note 7. It was running my Note 4 fine until standard wireless changing on the Fast Wireless Charging Stand.

My Note 7 shows the same issues that everyone else has. When i have it standing UpRight, it does the 7-10 seconds then disconnects then does Regular speed. Sometimes it will act like it is in a loop between pausing and going. I have tried sideways before as well. This time though, sideways, it seems to be holding. But it seems to be SO picky sideways.

Overall though, should be having this problem.

I also have a program when certain Fast Chargers won't work with the pad either, keep alternating blinking lights. But i can plug that charger into the phone and its happy for Fast Charging, so don't know whats up there.

piepie22

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I think the wireless charging is very buggy.
Note 5 straight out of the box worked perfectly with Flat Fast Charger.
But after so many firmware updates, i also get the blue blinking light unless I place the Note 5 Perfectly
(Circle Charging Animation lined up with the Charger Circle).

Now my phone stays warm all night even after reaching 100% charge.
I hope they fix this asap, the heat will kill my device life much faster than anything else.

NebbyWan

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge started doing this after the latest Verizon update installed yesterday. It would charge wirelessly for about 30-60 sec before latching to a flashing blue LED (even after taking the phone off the charger). I would disconnect/reconnect the charger from the power supply and the process would repeat itself. What ended up remedying it (at least for now) was a simple reboot of the phone.

Seh6183

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
My S7 Edge started doing this after the latest Verizon update installed yesterday. It would charge wirelessly for about 30-60 sec before latching to a flashing blue LED (even after taking the phone off the charger). I would disconnect/reconnect the charger from the power supply and the process would repeat itself. What ended up remedying it (at least for now) was a simple reboot of the phone.

Use the daydream trick. It sucks we have to resort to such things. Samsung can build these awesome powerful, feature packed phones, but cant get wireless charging or auto correct right.

Go in your settings and enable daydream and it will charge properly wirelessly.

txenvoy

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I hope this help any one that owns a Samsung Galaxy Note 5

I have a Samsung Fast wireless charger EP-NG930 that is having a charging problem with the Note 5. It will not charge my phone fully, the light just blinks blue. Status light Flashing blue is a status indication "When not charging properly due to a general error".

I used the Adaptive Fast Charging Travel Adapter model EP-TA20JWE that came with the wireless charger. The Phone showed a message that charging was paused and status light would start blinking blue. After charging overnight, I would wake up to a phone not fully charged, maybe be at 85% charged. It worked intermittent and sometimes it would show a solid green status light indicating that the phone was fully charged. The blinking blue status light is now happening more often, it did not matter if the phone was vertical or horizontal on the charger. I happen to have other Samsung chargers and devices, so I tried troubleshooting what I could. I tried to another fast charging adapter(same model), cable, and did a factory reset. STILL seeing a flashing blue light.

I happen to have a Travel Adapter model EP-TA12JWE, I plugged in to the wireless charger. BOOM! Now I see a solid green status light! :D
I tried to put the Adaptive Fast Charging Travel Adapter back on, still seeing flashing blue light. :mad:

Looks like that Adaptive Fast Charging Travel Adapter is doing something strange to when connected to the Samsung Fast wireless charger. I saw an earlier post that talked about a software glitch, it still might be a software glitch with the Fast wireless charger. :confused:

Hope this helps.

George McCullen

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
OK. It took me a while to find a solution to this problem. Here it is from my service tech. It is not the pad, it is the phone.
Try wiping the system cache and then do the master reset.

For firmware-related charging issues, it’s always advisable to delete the system cache first. Corrupt caches may affect the hardware as well and may hinder charging. There have been so many reports that wiping the cache partition fixed power and charging-related issues. Therefore, it’s worth doing it and here’s how…

Turn off your Galaxy Note 5.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
Press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

I tried this and it works. I now have no problem doing a fast wireless charge.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Tried all that. Found after I tried several different cables it worked for a while then started again. It's related to the screen timing out. You will find that if you play a youtube video then put it on the stand then charging stays on. I've got an alarm clock that keeps the screen on all the time will let it charge. Oddly enough, the daydream screen saver didn't work.

macleodal

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
So having just switched from iPhone to Android (GS7e) wireless charging was one of the reasons to switch, in addition to the phone I bought the official fast charging stand from Samsung and, like so many, mine worked briefly (less than a day.. maybe two or three times in the cradle..) then stopped - the usual "paused" problem.

I read all the posts. Hard reset. Maybe it's Marshmallow. etc etc.

But I tried bunch of other chargers and here is my conclusion, arrived at through my own experimentation and at cost: Samsung fast wireless chargers are RUBBISH. DO NOT BUY THEM! They cost more and they don't work. My evidence:
- No amount of fiddling around with resets, daydream settings could resurrect my Samsung-branded charger;
- I purchased a (much cheaper) stand charger from a brand which looks like "Elephas" - it's actually neater and smarter, and works perfectly every time both in portrait and landscape;
- I ALSO purchased a Choetech 3-coil flat fast wireless charger, it too is neater and smarter, it too works perfectly every time (although requires slightly more care aligning the phone on the pad than the Elephas one does).

Overall I have to conclude that fast wireless charging still is a little 'edgy' (no pun intended) but, with the right charger, it does work very well.

Hope this is useful and saves others the hours I spent dicking around without a result.

A