android mobile newbie

para_android

May 8, 2016
Visit site
im moving over to android after years of using iphones, first i wanna get rid of this app drawer or whatever its called and access all my apps through the home desktop simply by scrolling though pages without having to open the drawer, something similar to easy mode on note 5 with fonts smaller

secondlly is there better way of drag and dropping apps from one page to another its still so figgity even was on IOS

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe you can get rid of the app drawer. You can just drag all the apps you want on the home screen from the app drawer.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh come on, a launcher should be enough.

Welcome to the forums! You don't need to get rid of the app drawer. If you don't like it you don't need to use it. As stated before, move all your apps to your home screens and make sure in the Play Store settings that any new app will create a shortcut when installed.

A custom launcher can help you to delete the app drawer icon from your screen.

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
That's what I meant. Don't know if they are any good, but there are some iOS specific launchers, lockscreen apps and icon packs around also.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I find having a button for the app drawer useful, as I don't need to go to my download app daily. I keep apps I use on a daily basis on the home screen, and everything else in the drawer.

However, a third party launcher like Nova can disable the dock.

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I am also a new Android user (previous phones were iPhone) and new to commenting/searching/EVERYTHING online forums for answers, so bear with me.

I may be CRAZY, but I seem to recall that my Note 5 (the first few months I had it) would show the content of a notification in the status bar in addition to the icon up top. For example, when I receive a text message, the little envelope would show up in the status bar as well as the content of the text message itself would display briefly up top.
Or if I installed a new app, the status bar would briefly display "_________ Successfully installed".

But ever since I updated to 6.0.1, that feature has gone away. Now it's just the icons in my status bar.

Two questions:
1. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember this feature?
2. If it was there, where did it go? How can I get it back?

I love the ability to see my notification content displayed "ticker style" as I would be using another app, etc. Please help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I am also a new Android user (previous phones were iPhone) and new to commenting/searching/EVERYTHING online forums for answers, so bear with me.

I may be CRAZY, but I seem to recall that my Note 5 (the first few months I had it) would show the content of a notification in the status bar in addition to the icon up top. For example, when I receive a text message, the little envelope would show up in the status bar as well as the content of the text message itself would display briefly up top.
Or if I installed a new app, the status bar would briefly display "_________ Successfully installed".

But ever since I updated to 6.0.1, that feature has gone away. Now it's just the icons in my status bar.

Two questions:
1. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember this feature?
2. If it was there, where did it go? How can I get it back?

I love the ability to see my notification content displayed "ticker style" as I would be using another app, etc. Please help!

Welcome to the forums. You're not crazy. Older versions of Android were like that. It went away (mostly) with Lollipop. Samsung might have kept it on, but may have removed it with Marshmallow.