Replaced S Pen help

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I just bought a new S Pen being that my old broke and when I restart my Note5 it works temporarily then it stops working.

Posted via the Android Central App

Camogreen

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
My friends dog chewed his stylus so he went to the Samsung repair center and paid for a new one but they kept it for an hour or so cause they had to program the new stylus to the phone. That might be your problem.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Mine broke when I tried to pop it out to use it. I took it to my carrier, Sprint, and they just popped in the new one. Only took about 2 minutes. And they did it free of charge.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My friends dog chewed his stylus so he went to the Samsung repair center and paid for a new one but they kept it for an hour or so cause they had to program the new stylus to the phone. That might be your problem.

They shouldn't have to do anything to the replacement pen, it should just work.

I can take my note 5 and use the S Pen from either my Note 4 or Note Edge and it will just work. The same goes for using any one of the other pens with the other phones. It just works.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Gotcha. I just ordered another S Pen from a different seller. Using the Note 5 without a functional S Pen sucks. I used mines a lot and it's one of the main reasons why I been sticking to my Note5.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You may wish to purchase an original OEM s pen directly from Samsung. While it isn't the lowest price it will work.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I lost my Note 5 S pen. Am using my Note 4 and 10.1 Pro tablet (2014) Am told prior versions of the Pro won't work.

Have 2 Bamboo styli that worked on the Note 4 but not 5.

Am going with Samsung just to make sure it works.

Cant think of any reason the pen needs to be paired with the device.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Turns out that I will have to get a warranty replacement for my Note5, due to the fact that my Note5 doesnt respond to the touches of the S Pen and I tried my brother's S Pen to confirm that it's my Note5 that has the issue. The clicking part of the S Pen was messed up so it made it difficult to take it out of my Note5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney