I have been through all the new updates of the Iphone and currently have a Iphone 6s plus, but lately I have been unhappy with the newer iphones like my currently one. It seems to freeze more and not be as functional- I have been deciding whether to go to Note 5 and is it worth it, any tips or advice from other people who made the switch
    05-16-2016 01:58 PM
    This time of year, if you can, wait for the upcoming Note 6. You will always be able to buy a Note 5... less expensively.

Posted via the Android Central App
    James8561 likes this.
    05-16-2016 02:54 PM
    Agreed. I would wait for the Note 6 at this point.

James8561 likes this.
    05-16-2016 02:55 PM
    I have both (6S Plus on AT&T) and (32 gb Note 5 on T-Mobile). First & foremost, let me say, Apple is hands down my go to tech (iPad, Macbook Air, iPhone, Mac Mini) BUT, I've used Android before and it keeps me intrigued enough to keep using it as a 2nd device.

I chose the Note 5 specifically though - I love the S Pen. As a sticky note guy, although I tried many of the virtual sticky note apps, nothing beats popping out the S Pen & jotting down a quick note on my blank screen. Also, I like that it has the latest OS (Marshmallow). The fact that I can't replace the battery or add more memory (Yawn) - no big deal to me. It's got a nice form factor, stable functional OS and -> I love the S Pen

As far as the trouble with your iPhone - highly unusual. I've had almost every model since the first one (which I still have) and they've all been very stable.

All my apps are cloud based & cross platform - doesn't really matter which OS I use, but I prefer OS X and iOS. You have to ask yourself if there's any apps or reasons you may want Android over iOS or vice versa... if it's a toss up - try the Note 5 (even though a newer phone is coming out). The price is great (got mine for free with activation), the latest OS and the S pen... did I mention the S Pen?
    SugarMouth likes this.
    05-17-2016 06:04 AM
    I sold my iPhone 6 Plus after several months and switched back to Android. Always had been an Android phone person before that, though I also own iPads. For me I just didn't like the OS, the sea of icons/lack of interactivity and widgets. And no temperature notification on the notify bar! For shame. There is only one way to know if you're going to like it. Buy one and live with it awhile. Just like I did. I like the Note 5 better and will not try another iPhone. At least I know now. One thing you should know in advance. The 6s Plus is going to kill the Note 5 in battery life. That's my experience anyway. It will vary among people depending how many widgets they use and how much you ask of the Note 5.
    Putte Kindh likes this.
    05-17-2016 08:51 AM
    One thing you should know in advance. The 6s Plus is going to kill the Note 5 in battery life. That's my experience anyway. It will vary among people depending how many widgets they use and how much you ask of the Note 5.
    Very true

05-17-2016 01:13 PM
    I used to be an iPhone user for about 5 years and switched to Android a little over a year ago and I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the iPhone. For me it was all about customizing the phone the way I wanted it, not the way Apple would let me (also, all of my iPhones were jailbroken and I was still limited). I love being able to place what ever widget I want on what ever page I want, adding themes, Samsung Pay and several other things. Don't get me wrong, the iPhones are great phones. They have a intuitive UI, great battery life (I still have about 30% battery left on my Note 5 when I plug it in at night) and depending on who you talk to a more secure OS (because it's locked down more than Android). One thing that was a little over whelming at first was getting it set up... there are so many options and customizations available it can take a bit to get it dialed in just the way you want it. The app drawer took a few minutes to get used too but soon was an afterthought. The best thing is no more iTunes! I loathed having to sync it with iTunes all the time to put my music, movies, ebooks and what not and being tied to my computer. With the Android simply plug in the USB cable and connect it to any computer and add/remove content freely. I do miss the Micro SD (I had a Note 4) but with Google Drive it really hasn't been an issue for me, if it does become one I'll just pick up one of these http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Connec...cUvbUpU5182049 I'd check with your carrier and find out what your return period is and give it a shot to see if you like Android or not.
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-17-2016 01:53 PM
    iTunes! That and the iOS computer backup system is pure spinach! I still have problems with it and my iPad.
    05-17-2016 05:22 PM
    iTunes! That and the iOS computer backup system is pure spinach! I still have problems with it and my iPad.
    You haven't needed a computer to backup iPhone in quite some time.....

_-Technologytwitt-_
    05-17-2016 05:45 PM
    Are you not limited to 5gb? Does Apple keep track of all iTunes you DLd?
    05-17-2016 10:14 PM
    Years ago, back in my iPhone phase, iTunes kept asking me to let it "rearrange" my music collection. I kept telling it no, leave it alone. A few weeks later, it'd ask again. Again I said no, leave it alone. A few weeks after that, iTunes tells me "hey, i rearranged all your music files for you..." Now I can't find squat. One of many reasons I have a Samsung now. LOL

05-17-2016 10:23 PM
    Apple also seems to have wiped that error message, as you quoted it, off the face of the digital planet because it only shows up here in this message board.

A few weeks after that, iTunes tells me "hey, i rearranged all your music files for you..." Now I can't find squat. One of many reasons I have a Samsung now. LOL

05-18-2016 05:52 AM
    You haven't needed a computer to backup iPhone in quite some time.....

_-Technologytwitt-_
    I have never trusted the cloud to keep any iPhone/iPad backups. Once I tried restoring an iPad backup to a new iPad from the cloud and it failed.

I have always used the computer to make backups because those have always been reliable.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    05-18-2016 07:35 AM
    I am currently 2 days (aka honeymoon) into the Note 5 coming from my daily driver a iPhone 6s. I just returned the HTC 10 and so far am loving the Note 5! One requirement for me is adding Airdroid to sync texts emails and calls etc to my Mac.

05-18-2016 05:55 PM
    Apple also seems to have wiped that error message, as you quoted it, off the face of the digital planet because it only shows up here in this message board.
    This is always backing Apple. Haha
    05-18-2016 11:01 PM
    Lot to recommend the iPhone line, specifically the variety of apps

But would it kill Jony Ive to add a back button and shrink those God awful bezels.
    jnew619 likes this.
    05-21-2016 01:37 AM
    Lot to recommend the iPhone line, specifically the variety of apps

But would it kill Jony Ive to add a back button and shrink those God awful bezels.
    The back button is so awkward & unnatural, I'm with Apple on this.

To me, natural is to just swipe from left to right on the screen - not to touch the lower right portion of the bottom of my phone.

_-Technologytwitt-_
    05-21-2016 05:06 AM
    The back button is so awkward & unnatural, I'm with Apple on this.

To me, natural is to just swipe from left to right on the screen - not to touch the lower right portion of the bottom of my phone.

_-Technologytwitt-_
    Ooh. I would have to disagree. The back button is a necessity. The way Apple has incorporated their take on the back button is truly awkward.
    jnew619 and novice like this.
    05-22-2016 07:14 AM
    I just picked up the Note 5 used and it's a bit of a struggle to change from the iPhone 6s plus to the Note 5. The colors on the note 5 seem more blown out, where the iPhone seems more natural. Also the battery life on the iPhone is beating the Note 5. I do like how the Note 5 is smaller with a slightly bigger screen, and the pen is awesome.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    05-22-2016 04:40 PM
    I just picked up the Note 5 used and it's a bit of a struggle to change from the iPhone 6s plus to the Note 5. The colors on the note 5 seem more blown out, where the iPhone seems more natural. Also the battery life on the iPhone is beating the Note 5. I do like how the Note 5 is smaller with a slightly bigger screen, and the pen is awesome.
    Go into display and change the mode to basic. Suddenly you have the most accurate display on any phone. Will look washed out at first. Use it for a day and you'll never go back.
    novice likes this.
    05-22-2016 04:46 PM
    I'll try that. And see what happens
    05-22-2016 04:47 PM