Cases for Note 5 compatible with Qi wireless fast charger?

A

AC Question

Cases for Note 5 compatible with Qi wireless fast charger

The charger worked with poorly made S view cover for a couple weeks then got finicky. I returned it and got the stand Qi wireless charger. Apparently there are certain cases you can wirelessly charge the note 5 with? A case couldn't be thinner than the junky S view case. Maybe I should just go back to plugging it straight to the wall. Frustrating and the guy at Best Buy could have saved this situation by telling me that the case and charger I chose wouldn't work. He's a Samsung rep, but he only works with Samsung.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cases for Note 5 compatible with Qi wireless fast charger

Almost any non-metallic case should work. I've charged through clear plastic, opaque silicone rubber, leather (probably fake). Put it in a microwave with a cup of water (the cup alongside the case). If the case gets warm it's metallic (or, at least, conductive - same thing as far as wireless charging is concerned. The case is getting the charging current, the phone isn't.)

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

My Spigen Rugged Armor case works well with wireless charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 46

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I use the Tech21 Evo case and it works beautifully with the Qi charger. My wife's Otterbox Defender, on the other hand, not so much.

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I switch between the Otterbox Defender and the Samsung folio case and can get both to work. The Otterbox requires a much more precise placement than the folio case does and only seems to work on the original fast charger, not the newer stand charger.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I second the rugged armor case, I've had mine on my phone since I got it in Jan and haven't had a single problem with wireless charging.

Posted via my AT&T Note 5