Was just holding the S Pen and suddenly it just exploded LOL

The little spring inside the pen just shot out.

I was able to put the pen back together but should I notify Verizon? I pay for phone insurance, i am afraid to stick the S Pen in the event it comes apart again and it gets stuck inside the phone
    05-18-2016 05:41 PM
    I just lost my Note 5 S pen. I am using the S pen from my Note 4 and 10.1 Pro tablet (2014). (Am told earlier Pro versions won't work.)

Have 2 Bamboo styli that will work with the 4 but not 5. Will replace with Samsung just to be sure. Can't think of any reason that the stylus has to be paired with a particular device.
    05-18-2016 06:14 PM
    Lol what a nightmare!!! I got the Note5 September 11, 2015.

I called Verizon and they said that I had to call Samsung. My phone still under the 1 year warranty. Even tho I pay insurance for my phone every month, that doesn't cover incidents like this, only theft, water damaged, etc.

So i called Samsung and i was on the phone for 2 hours!!! The young man at Samsung was new, his 4th day on the job and he didn't know anything.

I tried to keep my cool, he had issues with the system, would put me on hold, took the information incorrectly, a comedy of errors, I even spoke to his supervisor and all she did was apologize......urgggghhh

I gave up after 2 hours and I will call back tomorrow

Oh by the way he wanted me to send in my phone for repairs!!! I said NO I only need the SPen. He was clueless

05-18-2016 07:04 PM

I called Verizon and they said that I had to call Samsung. My phone still under the 1 year warranty. Even tho I pay insurance for my phone every month, that doesn't cover incidents like this, only theft, water damaged, etc.

So i called Samsung and i was on the phone for 2 hours!!! The young man at Samsung was new, his 4th day on the job and he didn't know anything.

I tried to keep my cool, he had issues with the system, would put me on hold, took the information incorrectly, a comedy of errors, I even spoke to his supervisor and all she did was apologize......urgggghhh

Oh by the way he wanted me to send in my phone for repairs!!! I said NO I only need the SPen. He was clueless

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...774413ff75.jpg
    I have a question. How did you make that perfect arrow?
    TV417 likes this.
    05-19-2016 05:26 AM
    Hey doctor, with my Photo Editor app.
    TV417 likes this.
    05-19-2016 05:55 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...774413ff75.jpg
    I have tried calling Samsung Tech support over the years, twice in the last four months, with problems of Marshmallow Update and Note 5.

EVERY SINGLE TIME talking to a Samsung rep, has been one of the absolutely worst experiences in twenty three years of my having the same cell phone number. These Samsung reps are horrible, arrogant and also difficult to understand most of the time. Apple support is 100% better than Samsung!

I will NEVER contact Samsung support ever again!

Sorry for the slight thread drift!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-19-2016 02:39 PM
    An S Pen is on Amazon for under $20....

_-Technologytwitt-_
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-19-2016 03:45 PM
    ^^^ I just placed an order with Amazon next day delivery for $25
    05-19-2016 03:46 PM
    I have found 3 note 5 's pens in the last 2 months. I am all set if anything happens to mine lol.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-19-2016 06:21 PM
    Well the good news is that my SPEN has shipped!! I love Amazon

05-19-2016 06:29 PM
    Wow so happy, just got my new SPEN I ordered yesterday afternoon from Amazon!!!! And it works!
    All that BS Samsung told me about pairing the Spen was a lie!

It works flawlessly! Thank you Amazon ๐Ÿ˜š

๏ฟผ
    05-20-2016 11:44 AM
    Mines did the same thing however i was in a dark parking lot at 2am so yup i paid 31 dollars for a new 1 and they sent the wrong color

Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-21-2016 12:00 AM
    Mines did the same thing however i was in a dark parking lot at 2am so yup i paid 31 dollars for a new 1 and they sent the wrong color

Why were you in a parking lot at 2 am? ๐Ÿ™„ lol
    Amazon sent the wrong color?
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    05-21-2016 03:42 AM
    The same thing happened to mine and i glued it back together and it's been just fine.

Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-21-2016 09:03 AM
    The same thing happened to mine and i glued it back together and it's been just fine.

I wanted to glue it too, but in the event it got stuck inside the phone later on I didn't want to hear Verizon tell me I should have gone to them first BS...
    05-21-2016 09:14 AM
    Mine did the same thing a few weeks back. Spring shot off into outer space I guess because I can't find it. Haven't ordered a replacement S Pen yet. Holding out to see if that thing re-enters the Earth's atmosphere. ๐Ÿš€

Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-21-2016 05:57 PM
    It "just exploded"??
    Wow. You better be careful. It could easily have landed in your mouth and gotten stuck in there.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-22-2016 04:10 PM
    It "just exploded"??
    Wow. You better be careful. It could easily have landed in your mouth and gotten stuck in there.
    Ahh.. Maybe that's what happened to my spring. It's a waiting game now, I guess.

05-23-2016 08:40 PM