Is there any way to block a wifi site? Here's the deal. We have time Warner (TWCWIFI) sites all around town. I'm not a Time Warner customer. Time Warner uses a web page in order to log in. So I pull up someplace and try to use mobile data to do a transaction, the phone sees TWCWIFI with no security and locks in, killing my mobile data because I'm not getting their web page login and my phone sits there, unable to make a transaction. Is there a way I can tell my Note 5 to ignore this/these sites? I can turn my wifi off when it locks up, but is there a way to automatically ignore these sites?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-20-2016 07:01 PM
    Not TWC (maybe your carrier's hotspots). Instead, CHOOSE a wifi signal to connect to first.
    05-20-2016 07:19 PM
    Not TWC (maybe your carrier's hotspots). Instead, CHOOSE a wifi signal to connect to first.
    Problem is, I pull into a place across the street from a time Warner site and my wifi locks in since there is no security. Then my mobile data no longer works. First indication of a problem is no data and suddenly the phone is deaf and dumb to data. These time Warner sites are all over and my phone is bouncing from one to the other. Since I'm not a TWC customer, I'd just like to tell my phone to ignore these sites. When my phone is locked in, will a forget this site lock it out for good? At home, I have no problem with who I connect to. I can't pick a site first since I'm driving. I can turn my wifi off and on, but looking for something automatic. Since I'm an AT&T customer, I log into the AT&T sites automatically. (such as McDonald's...)

05-20-2016 08:20 PM
    Do you have the TWC under your manage wifi networks, if so, forget the TWC wifi connection. That should make it more longer connect.

05-20-2016 09:21 PM
    Do you have the TWC under your manage wifi networks, if so, forget the TWC wifi connection. That should make it more longer connect.

Getting closer. I figured there would be a way.... But where is "manage wifi network" at? I've been unable to locate that setting. If I've used that connection before, I can forget it in wifi settings. So gaining access to it and then forgetting it should eliminate the problem? I'll give anything a shot. I'll drive by again tomorrow.

Thank you. Hope it works. LOL

05-20-2016 09:37 PM
    Yep, forget that connection is what you want to do.

05-21-2016 09:47 AM
    Settings:wifi:more in upper right corner:manage networks

05-21-2016 09:49 AM
    Once I've gotten logged onto a network, then I can forget it. AT&T, 5.1.1 doesn't have that feature under the more button. Thanks anyway, I'll give it a shot if i can get logged on for a minute.

05-21-2016 11:30 AM
    Got sprint version, same thing was happening with me. Logged in cause I was at a restaurant with TWC and gave me 30 free mins, well after that I kept connecting and it drained the battery. Finally connected back with TWC and hit the Forget button
    05-21-2016 11:54 AM
    Sorry you weren't able to do it that way. If you can get to the screen that has all of your saved wifi, you should be able to touch that wifi and hit forget or something along those lines. Even 5.1.1 you can forget a network without being connected to the network.

05-21-2016 02:53 PM
    I drove by there a bit ago. Connected up, saved the site, then said to forget it. Hopefully, this will solve my problem. Thanks to all.

05-21-2016 06:18 PM