I thought it was automatically done buy under the battery settings and then "more" I found optimize apps settings. You can do each individually or all. I did all. We'll see how it helps.

Anyone else find or do this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-21-2016 10:22 AM
    Assuming you are referring to Settings -> Battery ->menu] -> Battery optimization, as nearly as I can tell, the default is "All" with the exception of a few apps which cannot be optimized (Google Play Services, for example).
    05-21-2016 10:49 AM
    Assuming you are referring to Settings -> Battery ->menu] -> Battery optimization, as nearly as I can tell, the default is "All" with the exception of a few apps which cannot be optimized (Google Play Services, for example).
    Yeah that's what I'm referring to. But mine were all off by default. I had asked when mm came out and was told it was automatic but I guess not on all.

05-21-2016 12:37 PM
    Is that a marshmallow thing? My lollipop AT&T note 5 doesn't have it. Does it have to do with doze?

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    05-21-2016 09:50 PM
    Is that a marshmallow thing? My lollipop AT&T note 5 doesn't have it. Does it have to do with doze?

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    I thought doze. Like I said, I asked about it but it was said that you don't have to do anything. Maybe it isn't doze...

Anyone?

05-21-2016 09:57 PM
    Yeah that's what I'm referring to. But mine were all off by default. I had asked when mm came out and was told it was automatic but I guess not on all.

Yes, it is part of Doze and, thus, Marshmallow.

And "optimize" refers to the settings which allow individual apps to doze or, conversely, disables doze for specific apps (such as already noted, Google Play Services).
    05-22-2016 06:53 AM