Help me understand my voice mail notification

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
When I get a voice mail I get a notification that says "voice mail activities recieved". When I open the notification I get a full page of terms and conditions for visual voice mail with the option to accept or decline. What happens if I accept? Are there extra charges involved? Can someone shed some light on how this whole voice mail notification works?
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which carrier do you use? Visual Voicemail from a carrier usually requires you to pay an extra fee. It's free if you use Google Voice and have the Google Voice app.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon.

I guess my biggest question was if I "accept" what will be different from the way it is now and if there's extra charges.

I thought about going by the Verizon store and ask but I figured I might get a more informed answer here.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to your My Account page on VerizonWireless.com and review your Plan. Go to Change Plan and you will get to a page that tells you your current plan features and additional features available and the cost of each if any. There are two voice mail options on VerizonWireless. One is free and one costs a small monthly charge. Make your choice and you are good to go.
I personally prefer the Google Voice service which is free.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help! After looking at Verizon's site I saw where basic visual voice mail is free and there is a paid version. The message I was seeing on my phone about signing up talked extra fees & that made me leery of accepting.

Now when I get a voicemail notification it shows I received a voice mail from who & when which seems normal. I wasn't getting that before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36