07-02-2016 08:10 AM
30 12
tools
    Interesting. Sounds like Step 3 is introducing the problem. I've not seen that option with the stock Samsung Messages.
    Exactly the same on my Verizon Note 5. I don't get Step 3 with the stock Samsung messaging app.
    06-30-2016 09:33 AM
    I tried again today and here's what happens.

1) Capture a screenshot with the S pen
    2) Share capture via normal text message.
    3) Picture attaches to text message, but I get an auto fill text that reads whatever text is in the picture. For instance, I captured just the icon of the Visual Voicemail icon. When the pic is attached to text, the words, Visual Voicemail in entered in the text box section.
    4) I delete the text that's filled and use my own message.
    5) Send message and on my end, looks like I sent the message just fine, but on the receiver's end, all they get is the text part of the text, not the picture.
    It's a problem with the S pen screenshot. If I do screenshot with the home and power buttons it attaches like it should....so annoying....

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-30-2016 08:56 PM
    It's a problem with the S pen screenshot. If I do screenshot with the home and power buttons it attaches like it should....so annoying....

Posted via the Android Central App
    I am not having the issue using the S Pen for screen shots and it works as it should. Strange.
    07-01-2016 10:00 AM
    This is going to sound a bit crazy and an inelegant solution.

Recently I've had a problem attaching pictures captured by my S pen to tweets and text messages.

My solution: I attempt to share the picture w/Twitter. It doesnt take. I push the back button one, two or three times until the captured picture reappears. I share to Twitter or Messages again and it invariably attaches. Don't know why. But it works for me.
    07-02-2016 12:14 AM
    I have a Verizon model, and it consistently works to share via text (Samsung stock Messages app) using the S Pen Screen write feature. Wonder if there are some subtle differences with different carrier software implementations.
    07-02-2016 08:10 AM
30 12