Hi .. I have SG Note 5 .. I upgraded to Android 6 few days ago .. and since then my Google accounts stopped syncing .. i missed many emails and i missed many appointments because calendars are not syncing .. i will have to sync manually .. i deleted the accounts and added them again, but no luck. Any facing the same issue? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
    05-27-2016 04:58 PM
    Do any Google apps work, like Google Play Store, Gmail, etc.?

Moving this to the Note5 forum, since this is more of a device-specific issue, rather than a general Marshmallow issue.
    05-30-2016 06:50 PM
    Hi .. I have SG Note 5 .. I upgraded to Android 6 few days ago .. and since then my Google accounts stopped syncing .. i missed many emails and i missed many appointments because calendars are not syncing .. i will have to sync manually .. i deleted the accounts and added them again, but no luck. Any facing the same issue? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
    After you posted this I checked mine and it also seemed to be hanging. I went to Settings/Application Manager and deleted the google cache and the cache of anything related to google sync in my case contacts and and calendar. That seemed to do the trick and it's working fine now.

I also had greenify aggressive and power savings turned on and disabled them. You might also try deleting the phone cache and/or system cache.

I hope some of that will help. Most of the small problems being reported seem to clear up with a cache clear of some kind.
    05-30-2016 08:21 PM
    May want to check to see if "Optimize battery" usage is set to On in Settings/Battery/More. I've had problems the past four days getting Google Photos backup to sync and backup new photos. Have tried a cache partition wipe, and made sure that sync is working for Photos in Settings\Accounts\Google.

I just turned the "Optimize Battery" usage to Off for Photos. "Backing up Photo 1 out X" type message shows up when the backup/sync starts, and then it never progresses from there. I'm not sure, but it could be that the optimization for Photos is preventing sync from working.

Will see if this makes a difference, and wonder if some of the sync problems that you (and perhaps me) are seeing are due to the "Optimize battery" usage being set to On. "Mobile networks or data sync will be restricted to save battery power" is what the feature description says on my Verizon Note 5.
    dakini03 and B. Diddy like this.
    05-31-2016 06:15 AM
    i think you're on to something there. Since I cleared my app caches my auto syncing has been working fine. I did notice after your post that my contacts didn't successfully sync last time out. I turned off the battery optimization just for that and the contacts were able to sync right away. The rest of it is working fine as is. Thanks for the suggestion.
    B. Diddy and Trees like this.
    05-31-2016 12:45 PM