Wi-Fi Scanning turns on by itself, Drains Battery drastically!

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So I've noticed lately, randomly, how the "WiFi Scanning" option that I've always had disabled, now turns on by itself at random points. This makes my battery run down DOUBLE. I don't know how is it enabling itself, but it's becoming annoying specially while I'm working double shifts. I don't like plugging my phone to a charger more than once a day. Does anybody else have this issue?
I'm on Marshmallow, T-Mobile Note 5.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe an app is triggering it to On? I think that the "WiFi Scanning" option was available on Verizon phones in the past. Can't seem to find it now, though.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Did a factory reset a few days ago to fix a separate issue. Everything working great except when I'm running errands I get a notification that WiFi is available. But I go in and that setting had been turned off. Not sure how to fix it. T-Mobile with Marshmallow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
To usually turn it off its on the WiFi settings, under more (top right corner) and you will the option for wifi scanning, turn off smart switch. And also go to Advanced and turn off notification.

John Palermo

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Ditto, Damn thing has been driving me nuts. Stupid setting drains phone in 1-2 hours at times and I thought I had done everything possible however new app or something must have changeed accuracy setting again. I always keep it on device only GPS so note to others check this setting as it seems to embrace phantoms.
Was about to toss phone into river.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid