I am on Verizon Note 5 and all of a sudden over last 2-3 days have been having trouble with wifi dropping. Everything I pick up the phone and turn the screen on wifi disconnects and tries to connect again. But it doesn't seem to be able to connect and says Internet not available. It's also killing my battery because of trying to constantly connect to wifi.

I didn't have any issues after it was upgraded to MM...it just started 3 days ago. I have smart switch off so that's not it.

Any ideas what it could be and if it's not the phone, how do I figure if it's my AP.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-31-2016 08:43 PM
    I am on Verizon Note 5 and all of a sudden over last 2-3 days have been having trouble with wifi dropping. Everything I pick up the phone and turn the screen on wifi disconnects and tries to connect again. But it doesn't seem to be able to connect and says Internet not available. It's also killing my battery because of trying to constantly connect to wifi.

I didn't have any issues after it was upgraded to MM...it just started 3 days ago. I have smart switch off so that's not it.

Any ideas what it could be and if it's not the phone, how do I figure if it's my AP.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Have you tried resetting the WiFi router you are connected to? If that does not work I would then suggest a clearing of the device cache. About how long ago did the device update to MM?
    05-31-2016 10:19 PM
    I have done router reset, did not help.

Device was upgraded to MM few months ago.
    06-01-2016 10:14 AM
    I've been having the same issue with my wi-fi dropping and it won't find my router again until I un plug the router and re-start it.
    06-01-2016 01:39 PM
    I had similar problems and it turned out the router was the culprit not the phone or Android OS. A new router eliminated all WiFi issues,
    vm81 likes this.
    06-02-2016 06:13 PM