Is anyone experiencing volume issues with Note 5 after marshmallow update!?

adambros

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Two days ago, my carrier (Rogers Canada) released the Marshmallow 6.0.1 OTA update ! Ever since my phone has received the update, i've noticed a strange behaviour with the in-call volume through both the ear piece and the loudspeaker. If the phone is set to ''Silent'' or ''Vibrate'' Sound modes, the volume is very low when in a phone call. The volume + rocker maxes out the call volume setting, yet the volume from the speakerphone is low. I am able to get a louder volume only if i use the dropdown menu to see all the possible volume toggles and by slightly sliding the ''Ringtone'' volume. Only then, the volume from both the ear piece and loud speaker will get louder! Very odd behaviour! What does ringtone volume possibly have to do with in-call volume!
I just performed a factory reset and the bug persists! Any suggestions to debug this!? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

adambros

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
maybe the photo can help clarify.

When sound mode is = Mute, notification and system volume are greyed out. Speaker phone is very low.
When ringtone slider is moved even the slightest to the right, the speakerphone is blasting loud!

2016-06-01.png

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems like there could be a bug with the Call volume slider sensitivity. Maybe it could be adjusted with the S Pen and not jump all the way to the right?

adambros

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
(UPDATE)

I managed to fix it!

if anyone is experiencing issues, i recommend you figure out a way to restore back to lollipop for your specific carrier and to then update to marshmallow again. A simple factory restore with the firmware that i received OTA did not work! I had to go through this tedious task. Worth the trouble since I can enjoy Marshmallow on my note 5 now! :D