So, I updated to MM a while ago, and thought with Doze the battery life would improve but it has actually starting to get worse. I thought it would improve because most of the time, I am at work, and while there, I keep my phone at my desk for about hour or hour and a half at a time, and don't necessarily move it around. So I thought, Doze would kick in and save my battery, but that has not happened. This got me thinking, is it my BT Headset connected and listening to Podcasts, does that negate Doze? Meaning does the phone not go into Doze mode, because something is still running? Or could it be that I am typing on my computer, and the vibrations are keeping my phone from going into Doze mode? I am getting very annoyed with this battery life, that I have multiple chargers (home, work, car), so that it can last the full day.
    06-03-2016 04:14 PM
    It is also new to me, but from what I have read if something is running like your headset it will not go into deep sleep or doze. I could be wrong, but ...
    06-03-2016 04:45 PM
    My doze doesn't seem to work at all. Even with everything turned off and my phone sitting still on my desk

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2016 04:49 PM
    My understanding is that Doze works in the background and only after a certain amount of time has passed where the phone is not active. From my unscientific observations on my Verizon Note 5 when my phone is actually idol for any length of time the battery usage is practically 0 from the battery use graph shown under Settings>Battery. So at least from this I am thinking Doze is working for me.
    06-04-2016 01:25 PM
    I decided to do a factory reset today... 3 days after MM was released by Roger's.
    Really hope my battery improves and I start seeing the positive effects of doze

06-04-2016 01:39 PM
    Yes, your BT headset being connected and streaming podcasts would prevent doze. Your phone has to be completely inactive and immobile to go into doze.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    hub1, msndrstood and dixiecowgrl like this.
    06-04-2016 10:49 PM
    It takes a while for your phone to go into doze mode ( I think a couple hours)with your phone not plugged into charger or moving. It would be nice in the future if we could change how long we have to wait.

06-05-2016 07:04 AM
    It takes a while for your phone to go into doze mode ( I think a couple hours)with your phone not plugged into charger or moving. It would be nice in the future if we could change how long we have to wait.

Download Greenify. It has aggressive doze mode. My phone goes into doze in a matter of 10 minutes. Love it.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    06-06-2016 06:38 PM
    I have Greenify but did not realize they had added that thank you!

sforsyth01 likes this.
    06-07-2016 07:36 PM