Connecting note 5 to TV without using internet

Rbarrera810

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to connect my note 5 to my TV so I can watch Netflix and Hulu. My previous phone just needed a slim port but the note 5 doesn't work with the one I have. I don't have Internet or WiFi at home. Is there a solution and if so can anyone explain the steps? Thanks in advance!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like more than a few people have looked at your post and not responded, it may be the amount of information you have provided. WiFi is the most typical way to accomplish this but Bluetooth might work but does your set offer it? What TV do you have? No internet or WiFi, I'm going to assume no Cable also correct? That would rule out the cable box. Why doesn't the cable you have work? The phone has no port for it, everything plugs together but it won't broadcast, where is the disconnect? If everything plugs together and it simply won't broadcast have you looked for an app to bridge the gap? Have you Googled your pairing your device to your model TV? I'm sorry I don't have any actual answers but answering some of these questions may help you find help.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Previous versions of the Note included a USB/MHL connection. Using the right connector you could connect an HDMI cable to your TV. The Note 5 is a USB only connection and does not support HDMI.

If you have a smart TV you may be able to use Direct WiFi.

Posted via the Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Looks like more than a few people have looked at your post and not responded,

Maybe because there are several posts with this question and lots of ideas and suggestions.

The answer I've given several times is: I ended up getting a Blu ray player with screen mirroring. No Internet or wifi needed, just uses the data in your phone while watching. I have unlimited with tmobile.

Posted via the *Note 5*

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here, I keep telling the people who ask this question (maybe it's the same person, I don't know and don't feel like looking at all those posts again) I use a Samsung AllCast dongle. It's on Amazon for like 50 bucks. Do a search on Android Central and I'm sure all of my repeated posts about this will come up including the links.