Hi, I've had a new note 5 for a few weeks now and the battery life has been great, but all of a sudden over the last few days the battery is barely lasting half a day. Not doing anything different, no new apps etc... Any ideas? Thanks.
    06-06-2016 02:52 AM
    First try clearing apps cache, then try CLEAR WIPE CACHE PARTITION by pressing (after switching off the device) volume up+home key+power button >then select CLEAR WIPE CACHE PARTITION and then turn on the device.
    In case if the above method doesn't help then try factory reset!

Posted via the Android Central App
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-06-2016 04:48 AM
    Hi, I've had a new note 5 for a few weeks now and the battery life has been great, but all of a sudden over the last few days the battery is barely lasting half a day. Not doing anything different, no new apps etc... Any ideas? Thanks.
    Did you download a new app around the same time your battery life took a nosedive? That is typically the most common culprit - a new app or an app update that messed something up.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    06-06-2016 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the reply, no, no new apps, updates or anything. I'm guessing it's a battery fault perhaps, so I'm going to take it up with my carrier.
    06-06-2016 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply, no, no new apps, updates or anything. I'm guessing it's a battery fault perhaps, so I'm going to take it up with my carrier.
    Are you on AT&T by chance?

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    06-06-2016 06:49 PM
    I've had battery issues on the AT&T Note 5 since the last security update. I believe it was the one released in February?
    06-06-2016 07:10 PM
    My battery issues, among other issues, began after that last update about a month ago. A rep at the vzw store told me that Samsung is aware of the issue, and that he knows a few other people who have a note 5 that are having issues as well. They are sending me a replacement tomorrow.

06-06-2016 07:18 PM
    I had some battery issues when I upgraded to marshmallow last week. I clear3d cached data and did a clean with CCleaner and things seem to be better. I'm noticing better battery life when device is resting. Go to battery and optimize apps so they aren't always running in the background. That was a huge help for me
    06-07-2016 12:27 AM
    I know hard reset may sound like a pain in the rear. But it did the trick for me !! Wipe cache partition doesn't work lol.

06-07-2016 10:09 AM