Smart Switch Prompt After Every Reboot?

BMWBig6

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
For the past week or so, both (Verizon) Note 5 phones in our household display a Smart Switch message prompt after powering up our phones (after unlocking the lock screen). It says something like "Open Smart Switch when this USB device is connected?" and gives an option to cancel, click OK and has a checkbox to "Use by default for this USB device" but no USB device is connected! The last time I used Smart Switch was to transfer all of my personal settings/data from my old Note 3 to Note 5 many months ago. I think I saw several Samsung apps update last week, so maybe that's what caused this issue. Is anybody else seeing the same annoying message? (No matter what option I select---cancel or "OK"--the phone prompts me every time I boot up.) Should I try uninstalling Smart Switch and re-installing?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I too have this on my Note 5. Since I only use Smart Switch when I am setting up a new phone I simply uninstalled it until I set up my new Note 6/7.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, and have this happen EVERY TIME I reboot my phone! So aggravating! Nothing I choose gets rid of it!

Posted via the Android Central App

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting this Smart Switch notification as well. Started about a week ago, give or take. I have no idea where it came from. Don't need the reminder!

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Smart Switch can be uninstalled when you're not using it to transfer data. I would suggest doing that, or installing an app called Package Disabler Pro from the Play Store, and using it to disable smart switch, so you'll still have it for future reference. Just a suggestion.

You can also try uninstalling/reinstalling.

Chris