Note 5: How many S-pens have YOU been through?

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Awesome. When the S Pen Sensor broke I was unable to use the S Pen on my Note5 as the screen no longer responded to the touch of the S Pen. It was a huge pain. (>_<) I got an extra S Pen just in case the clicker breaks again

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I'm on my 4th. Had the since launch though. Clicker keeps breaking

The probability of the same person out of 10s of millions of Note 5 owners getting 4 randomly selected S pens with the same factory defective clicker is ....... wait for it ...... wait for it................ ZERO!

Qoheleth

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Actually, no. The probability is very small, but one thing you learn in statistics is that "very low probability" is not equal to zero and does not mean it won't happen. Technically, you could flip a coin 5000 times and have it land on heads every time.
That said, as it is unlikely, one should certainly entertain other explanations.
That said, I've been using S-Pens since the original Note and none have broken. (I'm using a Note 5 right now.)

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Note 5 since launch day and still on the original Spen and I'm a "clicker" when it comes to ball point pens and my Spen. Just clicking away at the top mindlessly!

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I own a note5 since early January and I have never experience any problems with my s-pen.
I have the original since day 1 and I have not even change a single nib !

Posted via my Note5 N920c White Pearl

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Slightly off-topic but mostly on-topic. And you guys will have the answer I need :)

My wife's best friend has went through a handful of them but not because she has broken them — she loses them. I've found two of them in my wife's car so far this year. She has it out while she's using it, and if she's not finished doing whatever she was doing with it but has stopped to do something else she tucks it behind her ear somehow. I don't know. I like the lady but she's a bit crazy, in the good way crazy lol.

Is there a folio case that has a holder for the S Pen or a spare S Pen? She asks me, because "You're supposed to know all this sh*t" but I can't find one.

Help a brother out!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any specifically with a sleeve for an S pen but you might look at the various folio cases with credit card slot. I would guess that a spare S pen or 3 could be stored in the slot or a money sleeve some of them have.
There are a lot of these on sale in the Amazon Close-Out section for example.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Slightly off-topic but mostly on-topic. And you guys will have the answer I need :)

My wife's best friend has went through a handful of them but not because she has broken them — she loses them. I've found two of them in my wife's car so far this year. She has it out while she's using it, and if she's not finished doing whatever she was doing with it but has stopped to do something else she tucks it behind her ear somehow. I don't know. I like the lady but she's a bit crazy, in the good way crazy lol.

Is there a folio case that has a holder for the S Pen or a spare S Pen? She asks me, because "You're supposed to know all this sh*t" but I can't find one.

Help a brother out!

Tape and string. Like at the DMV or bank. :p

KillerNut

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the note 5 four months and just had to order my 2nd one. Using it normally and the top portion just came off with no pressure whatsoever. I would just glue it but now the clicker doesn't work properly either (doesn't come up on it's own, making it difficult to get the spen out of the phone).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc